• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Printed Pvc Durability

amw

Longtime Members
Will flatbed printed PVC hold up to the abuse of being on the front of a retail counter?
About 3'x8' full color print, mounted at about 6" off the floor. It will have keys hitting it, as well as zippers from coats and who knows what else.
It would be from sings 365 if that helps any.

Would it be better on another substrate?

Thank you!!

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Are you questioning the background or the print?
The material should be fine. Put a quality (and appropriate for that situation) laminate on it and you should have no issue.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
^^ this all the way.

We print literally 1,000s of these kinda signs a year and we only laminate the ones where customers can reach or touch. Not only to protect them from damage, but they'll get dirty and now they're protected against your own cleaning them.

amw

Longtime Members
Would you offer a suggestion on a laminate for this?
We have Oracal 210 and 290, I wound not think those would be good for this.

Thank you both for your help.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Either one will work. You're bigger decision is if you want non-glare or gloss..... or better yet, what your customer wants. We try to guide them away from gloss as in a store, you have so much lighting it reflects from everywhere, therefore creating quite a glare.

petepaz

i'm with you on the price thing Gino.
customer always wants the Mercedes of signs at the Hyundai price...haha