• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on vinyl for coroplast signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circleville Signs

I just wonder why it is when a longtime member says something not to nice it's called "a little harsh" but if a newbie does it They are a jerk and they are threatened with never being offered any kind of help in the future.

It's a respect thing. If I don't know you and you come into my house and ask for something to drink, I will go get you something to drink. When I hand it to you, if you roughly tell me that's not what you wanted, and if I couldn't give you what you wanted, that I should just shut up, or you'd hire me to come squeeze lemons at your house by the hour - I'm going to tell you to get the Fu*$ out of my house and not come back.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino

I knew it didn't bother you, you were one of the one offering him a welcome.

And obviously #13 had some bite to it. But that was only made in response to Flame's top 4 reasons why He shouldn't be doing this. The OP didn't ask for a critique of why he chose to buy the printer, and obviously he has only marginal experience because he chose to post in the Newbie Forum. He was just defending himself from uncalled for accusation. Something most anyone would do.

I just wonder why it is when a longtime member says something not to nice it's called "a little harsh" but if a newbie does it They are a jerk and they are threatened with never being offered any kind of help in the future.

The only answer I have for that is…. most of the members that have been around or at least active in posting…. one gets a sense for what and who they are. Someone might be having a bad day, just came back from a bad customer or they might’ve just found out their spouse has been cheating on them….. but we have a general idea of how this person acts on both good days and bad days. To me, the word harsh means just that…. the nature of the tone you wish to join with it… is really up to the reader. Your own temperament will put whatever spin on it based on the mood you are in.

If you really think about it…. how many threads get turned around and inside out because of everyone’s’ different take on what they each thought the OP’s real questions were, but due to poor writing or getting your point across or reading habits… all kinds of answers come trickling in ??

Many times there are things the OP never thought about when posting and rather than have some things go unanswered…. everyone is watching each others back. Besides, not only the OP benefits from answers from around the world, but many of the other members get to read things…. THEY never thought of.

If a newbie comes in and doesn’t have a clue as to being kind while looking for his/her answers…. there are all kinds of warning signs that go off long before they get blasted. Knowing Flamey’s recent type of answers… this one didn’t surprise me nor did it strike me as being harsh or asinine. He was being straight forward and telling someone he had made a big mistake without rubbing it in their face that they blew a whole lot of money and was taken to the cleaners.

Again, I think the OP made several mistakes, but with a patient attitude, he’ll find ways to turn his lemon into lemonade.

As for the others… or 300mph who think Merchant Members deserve no business due to an honest series of posts… to each his own. However, setting down rules on how we should ask questions, the fashion and how they should or should not be answered is ludicrous. Evidently, you think someone has gone to sleep at the helm and has now appointed you in charge of conversation/dialog for this site.

As for business from this site…. I’ve been quite happy with the business we get from 101…. and I’m more attracted to the many more friends I/we’ve made through signs 101… both as a member and a Merchant Member. We’ve serviced quite a few people over the last two or three years.

:toasting:

Bigdawg

Just Me
Just for the record... I believe I called them both jerks at one point :smile:

This thread (to me) is a good example of how not to do things... all the way around... but as usual in the midst of all the BS there is some good advice. Ya' just got to read through for it.

And thanks for being good last night Gino... actually got some sleep for the first time in a couple weeks. And thanks to EPP for sharing his background and trying to start over... like I said... takes a big man.

Graphics2u

It's a respect thing. If I don't know you and you come into my house and ask for something to drink, I will go get you something to drink. When I hand it to you, if you roughly tell me that's not what you wanted, and if I couldn't give you what you wanted, that I should just shut up, or you'd hire me to come squeeze lemons at your house by the hour - I'm going to tell you to get the Fu*$ out of my house and not come back.

What if I came into your house and asked for a drink of water, and then you said "Well first of all why would you even ask for a drink of water, when you really don't have any idea if that will satisfy your thirst. I know that what you really need is a drink of Lemonaide. That's the only thing that will quench your thirst. Do you have experience drinking Lemonaide? Have you ever poured it into a glass? Obviously not because you asked for water!"

Then I say "I just want a glass of water, do you take Amex?:smile: I have a just a little experience with lemonaide, but right now I'd like some water."

Your Reply is "I answered your request for water by telling you your WRONG about wanting it and you really need Lemonaide"

To that I say "You know I've been walking along way to find a glass of water, and if you don't want to get me one, fine. But my feet hurt from all the walking, Could you rub them?":thumb:

That's what happened here. And it happens frequently.

And I agree totally about the respect thing, i just think that respect should go both ways whether you just met someone or they are a long time friend.

Last edited:

iSign

What if ...

I was this close to typing SHUT THE F UP!! already, without even keeping track of who was saying what... since the rehash has long since exhausted my patience... but i read this latest rehash, to know what i was blasting...

and in the end, I think it is quite an accurate (& sad) assessment of this thread!

That's what happened here. And it happens frequently.

yep, you are spot on!
Too bad it happens so much too...

to the OP i am sorry you dont want to hear that you have the wrong tool for the job. as someone mentioned it will show you what you can't do but what i think you will discover first is that the price of materials (coated materials) are going to put you into a situation that you simply are not competitive price wise for the type of signs we are talking about (coro, etc..cheap).

300mphGraphics

300mph who think Merchant Members deserve no business due to an honest series of posts… to each his own.
You say honest series of posts, I say serious lack of professionalism in resorting to playground name calling. To each his own is right. Just giving you, and other people selling their wares, my opinion on how I expect my suppliers to conduct themselves. I've been quite happy with the 5 or 6 MM's I've used from here.

Evidently, you think someone has gone to sleep at the helm and has now appointed you in charge of conversation/dialog for this site.
I don't think that our helm-master and his team have gone to sleep at the wheel. I do hope they'd always continue to listen to member's opinions or suggestions, even if they're not implemented. I've voiced mine that were different than Fred's many times, guess whose idea won out? ;) However, Fred has a job of mine in house right now because we can disagree without the childish playground name calling. I don't think it's that hard to implement a professional atmosphere and ask people to act that way, but if the powers that be feel that isn't important or necessary, I can still voice my opinion and vote with my $$.

Like any advice on the forum, you can utilize it or continue to alienate potential customers.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I understand that Doug and some others are probably very tired of this back and forth crap, but your trying to backhandedly bring me back here is working………. :Big Laugh

You call it lack of professionalism… I call it being part of the forum. Correct me if I’m wrong, but am I not permitted to have a perspective about achievement or a calm on the forum ?? Is there something wrong with my having a drink after a days work ?? I don’t know why you think because I, or any other Merchant Member have an opinion…. no matter how different from yours or others doesn’t permit me the same rights as anyone else ??

Since we’ve never been given a guidebook on ‘Professionalism’ for 101…. I guess we must look into our own rules of how we run our businesses or lives. As I said before…. there are certain principles I don’t give in on…. for anyone. Did I call him some names ?? Think I did. Did I do them intentionally ?? Yes, I think I did. However, I thought he was way over board with some of his answers and posts after many of us here showed our good side… only to be slapped in the face with some of his comments. He was given many many chances to turn himself around. He refused and continued in his fashion. When someone does that…. I’m not above calling you out and if there is some foul language or rude words…. or even names in there….. it’s ‘Open Season’ in my book. Is that a good thing ?? Probably not, but again, as I stated before…. I will stick up and help a friend out and give up being professional.

Since everyone on here is always making up these silly scenarios….. let’s play a game.

You and your family are out having a picnic in the park. The kids are running around with sandwiches catching butterflies, your spouse is getting more dessert out of the van and you get a chair out and sit down when one of your kids stops dead in their tracks. You look over and expect to see a pervert trying to lure them off…. or a gunman attempting to hold them captive… what do you do ?? Stand up and announce yourself and say to the person behind the bushes to introduce themselves or you will not tolerate their unprofessionalism ?? As you walk closer you hear a strange noise and your kid is peeing in his pants. Now you think this nasty person is going to put up his dukes and challenge you. Just as you get there a gun goes off and someone just dropped a coyote…… four feet from your kid. Whether it was a park ranger doing his professional duty or an innocent bystander who doesn’t know you and interacted without your consent…. What makes the actual shooting Okay in your mind ?? The act or who did it ??

If the act is committed by a professional or a layman… does it still not equate the same ?? The same action is performed by two totally different individuals with the same intent in their minds…. Which one is right and which one is wrong ??

You seem to have a handle on this type of deal.

While I am at my job… I am totally professional and pride myself in being 100% customer oriented while still maintaining a proper boss at our shop. I make a difference for many reasons. I’m on time, I earn my pay, I treat all others with respect and I basically have good manners. As for actually being professional… I set examples and give rewards and acknowledgement to all employees, I intermingle with ideas and give and receive feedback with employees and while providing the proper tools… I can perform and provide a measuring device for what I expect from everyone.

Tell me what is wrong with what I’m doing ?? I’m sure you will.

The last thing is….. I too..... think all of the administrators are monitoring quite well and although this thread is going nowhere and has drifted so far from the OP original questions….. I sometimes wonder why they haven’t closed it down, therefore shutting me up. I thought that is why you jumped up and intervened. Anyway, don’t worry about me or potential customers….. they are all treated well and get top notch products. Not to knock Popeye, but I am what I am and that’s alls that I am.

:wink:

tcorn1965

I was not going to get into this...mess... I am now. I understand that both sides have a legitimate...opinion, and that is their right...Put on your big girl panties and except as it is, an opinion. Sure some members were a little caustic...They have Earned that right...this is what makes this forum succeed where many others have failed, diversity and...beneath the layers...valuable information.
300mph you should never, in an open forum, talk about your criteria on choosing a vendor, or member on your opinion..., it will influence others and affect a persons livelihood, and in this case, a very well respected Merchant member. PM him and let him/her know your feelings...I know they will respond (respectfully) accordingly.

Now I will name names...EPP you have passed hell week...Ask for a bonus, I respect you.

Gino, you do not have to pass anything, except tact...LOL.

Bigdawg, You are my Patience!

Terry

Bradster941

*** sigh ***

To answer this question,

Gino
..... think all of the administrators are monitoring quite well and although this thread is going nowhere and has drifted so far from the OP original questions….. I sometimes wonder why they haven’t closed it down,

It is the owner of this boards position to allow people to express themselves and even embarrass themselves with the banter. Eventually the thread will die out and we will all move forward.

I am closing this thread for two reasons.

1) the Ops questions has been answered
2) many of the later responses I just read have nothing to do with the Ops question and no beneficial information has been exhibited.

If EPP has any further questions I sincerely hope he will free to post them.

Status
Not open for further replies.