• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Yamaha Yellow ?

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Why not print a pantone chart and just pick a yellow off of it?
OP says nothing is close from the Roland chart. Clearly there is a workflow and lack of understanding issue. So, we're looking for a quick fix in the meantime.

Print it the same way you plan to print the decals, same profile, passes, same material etc. I'll get chastised here but if all you print is your own files, you really don't need to worry about profiling to match proper colors. It's the same and easier to just pick colors to match the output you need.
If you change profiles and media and colors are critical then the you should have a chart printed for each profile and media that you use.
Printable charts are floating around here on s101
Entirely acceptable especially in this case. More learning can be left for another day.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Thanks I will print out a few Pantone colors and see what I come up with , I just wasnt sure if those got exported differently or not .

As you can see from my print settings I normally print max impact , all of my jobs are RBG or CYMK and I export to PDF

Create a file in RGB mode such as the attached, using the values. Print it. Tell us what happens. Upload a photo if need be.
rgb_yellows.jpg

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Another thing that can throw your colors off is how you export files. I may be wrong and corrected here but when you export your file you select cmyk or rgb, then you can embed the color profile or not and you also select the colorspace you're working in, rgb or cmyk. These will all effect how your colors print, sometimes it can be pretty substantial. So try different things with the color value you were given and see the difference first before you start tweaking the color itself.

autoexebat

Pantone 123C is faily close , If it had a touch more yellow in it .

I added a picture ...

Attachments

• IMG_5618.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 110

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Pantone 123C is faily close , If it had a touch more yellow in it .

I added a picture ...

You'll probably find that yellow is already at 100% and that although Magenta is required, it is what is causing your version to appear more "weak".

Did you try double hitting it by setting overprint to "2".

Also, I noticed your screenshot was set to standard setting, try using high quality as it will lay down more ink. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong there)

autoexebat

Sorry, didn't mean to be a d!ck. I've been there and it's definitely frustrating. Which model and inkset are you using? Maybe I can try some tests on our Roland.
Not even a problem . I may just stick with the pantone value and call it a day . I can't be printing off a full 3 to 4 page graphic kits in HQ mode and expect to gain any financial profit . I will stick with the Pantone and keep it simple for now . Thanks for the help !