• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with Fellers service

BRUSHMARKS

So some of you problem saw this thread we posted about 2 months ago.
http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58321&highlight=wall+graphic

Heres the link to it.

Anyways the graphic failed so we contacted them, and they said maybe Oracal 3268 wasn't the best for the job. So i told them they shouldn't have it under "wall graphics" it will get confusing for people. So they sent a call tag to get the rest of the roll back. Then they sent us a Oracal tech and he said to go with 3621. So we did cuz obv this guy know what hes talking about. He also said to laminate with 210m so we did. Let it out gas for 120 hours. laminate and install. Held for 1 day then fell completely to the floor.

So we contacted Fellers right away and they said " O why would you use 3621 you should use 3628". So OKAY send us that lets use that then. So we receive the 3628 and print and let outgas for 72 hours. Laminate and install. This time is it Held for a few days then started to curl every where around the edge. So we contact Fellers again. This time they don't know what to say.

Over this it has been 2 months and customer is getting upset. And this is a huge customer for us.

We contacted Mike Henry with Fellers about the problem. We just got another order that requaried 5 rolls of 3651 and 210 lam both 54". and 3551RA and 290 lam also 54". So a pretty big order. We told him to compromise with us or else we could give this order to some one else. We come to an agreement on the issue. Of $500 now and $500 on the 18th. both a credit and $1,000 credit on July 1st. and in return we will order those rolls with him. He agrees we place order receive it and start printing. 3 days ago when i go to order, No credit in account i spend 4 hours with about 6 people trying to find the credit. so we get credit and place an order. Well teh next day no package so i call Fellers, Here Mike canceled order and no one called to tell me. Theres another pissed customer cuz we didnt get material to do their job. So i try to contact Mike with No reply. then i get an email saying he took away the credit that he doesn't have the athority to give credit.

Whats your thought on what to do next? Its been 70 days with no problem solved.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I have some friends that are one of the major players in the party-standup area... and they also offer wall prints. They are suddenly having a HUGE issue with Oracal falling off the walls... supposedly Oracal is looking into it, but I'm thinking the problem is more common than they are owning up to... or that Oracal had a bad batch...

BRUSHMARKS

I have some friends that are one of the major players in the party-standup area... and they also offer wall prints. They are suddenly having a HUGE issue with Oracal falling off the walls... supposedly Oracal is looking into it, but I'm thinking the problem is more common than they are owning up to... or that Oracal had a bad batch...
Ya it seems weird that they would recommend 3 products all that fail. Also Oracal got all the lot numbers from me to keep records of the problem.

3dsignco

Haven't done to many wall graphics but on the few, I found out,, make sure I would use a heat gun and a brayer to suck the graphic down to the wall. Never had a problem with them and I think I was even real cheap-o and just printed on 651 w/210 lam

OneUpTenn

Haven't done to many wall graphics but on the few, I found out,, make sure I would use a heat gun and a brayer to suck the graphic down to the wall. Never had a problem with them and I think I was even real cheap-o and just printed on 651 w/210 lam

Isnt it weird how sometimes the cheapest things work better than the "specialty items" out there?

Techman

sounds like the exact same problem i had once with some antigrafitti paint,, It looked like it was down well but later it fell ofa the walls.

Pat Whatley

The common denominator is the wall....

See...Mosh isn't a complete idiot.

Have you tested the stuff on any other wall?

I've got a customer right now who has gone through three different shops to get their pad mounted Gemini letters to stick. People have tried liquid nails, silicone, hot glue, Super Glue and VHB tape (all of this figured out from looking at the back of the letters) The letters hold a couple of days then fall off.

Thanks to this board I'd heard about mildewcide in the paint doing that. Turns out the paint on this wall is the same paint they painted the basement with and that's the problem. Paint looks and feels normal, but nothing will stick to it. They're having the wall refinished just so the lettering will stick (stud mount not an option)

Next time you leave a message for Frank don't tell him who you are, just tell him you're hoping to get an autographed picture of him for over your mantle. I'm betting he'll call you back within minutes.

BRUSHMARKS

See...Mosh isn't a complete idiot.

Have you tested the stuff on any other wall?

I've got a customer right now who has gone through three different shops to get their pad mounted Gemini letters to stick. People have tried liquid nails, silicone, hot glue, Super Glue and VHB tape (all of this figured out from looking at the back of the letters) The letters hold a couple of days then fall off.

Thanks to this board I'd heard about mildewcide in the paint doing that. Turns out the paint on this wall is the same paint they painted the basement with and that's the problem. Paint looks and feels normal, but nothing will stick to it. They're having the wall refinished just so the lettering will stick (stud mount not an option)

Next time you leave a message for Frank don't tell him who you are, just tell him you're hoping to get an autographed picture of him for over your mantle. I'm betting he'll call you back within minutes.

LOL thanks needed a good laugh.

Ya we tryed the 3628 on our own wall and fell off with in a few hours.