• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems with Flexi-Crap 8.1

os101king

This is a retarded thing to have to ask, but how the hell do I make this garbage software round off all the corners of a shape? Tried "round corners" but it just rounds the ones it feels like, even if I have "all corners" selected.

Graphics2u

You have to have the shape converted to outlines. And the corners have to be a corner node and only one node in the corner.

os101king

Yep, a bitmap imported from PS, converted to a shape.

How about angled guidelines? Anyone? Searching help does nothing..... man this program was written by retarded monkeys, wasn't it?

CrabbyOldGuy

Sometimes when you ask Flexi to round corners, you will find there are other points too close to the corner and it will not round the radius asked for. Check your points and see where they are. Change the radius and see if it will round them then. Also, as stated already, they must be corner nodes.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
When you convert to a rectangle or draw a rectangle, Flexi (at least on my computer) inserts a rounded corner rectangle by default but with the radius set to zero. Your next step at this point would be to:

• Select the rectangle and select the Rectangle Tab in Design Central
  • Set the radius for the four corners to your liking or change the corner type
flexi corners.jpg

These settings will remain editable in Design Central until such time as you convert the rectangle to outlines. It you have converted to outlines then you would:

• Select the rectangle and select the Corner Rounding Tool
  • Set the radius for the four corners to your liking and click the green check mark
flexi corners 2.jpg

os101king

When you convert to a rectangle or draw a rectangle, Flexi (at least on my computer) inserts a rounded corner rectangle by default but with the radius set to zero. Your next step at this point would be to:
  • Select the rectangle and select the Rectangle Tab in Design Central
  • Set the radius for the four corners to your liking or change the corner type
View attachment 24724

These settings will remain editable in Design Central until such time as you convert the rectangle to outlines. It you have converted to outlines then you would:
  • Select the rectangle and select the Corner Rounding Tool
  • Set the radius for the four corners to your liking and click the green check mark
View attachment 24725

I'm templating, not just creating random shapes. I should probably create shapes then bend them to my templates.... nice. Another step in an already pointlessly time-consuming process. Times like this I wish I had stuck with Omega.... it had that vector wizardry that actually let you work easily with vector shapes. Imagine that.

Thanks everybody for the advice.

os101king

That's newbie talk son !

Sounds like user error . . . Not Flexi-Crap as you put it !

Yeah, and thanks again everybody for the help. Notice I didn't say "thanks for the pointless comments and insults"? I hope you did. Thanks for judging me by the fact that I don't know a POINTLESSLY ACADEMIC TERM.

Yeah, that was helpful, guy. Forgive me if my last program didn't have to have a PERFECT one point corner to round itself.

iSign

Thanks for judging me by the fact that I don't know a POINTLESSLY ACADEMIC TERM.

academic terms are only pointless for people with no desire or capacity to learn... otherwise, the entire point is to facilitate clear communication for the improved exchange of information.

You're right though... since you only want to bitch, using proper terminology is pointless. And you're right again, you were judged... but if it's any consolation, at least you were judged correctly... rant onward

thewood

Dude, corner node is hardly a "pointlessly academic term". What else would you call it?

Anyways, if you want slanted guidelines, simply pull a guide down, select it and set the desired angle in Design Central.

I understand that you're having problems making the transition to Flexi. All softwares (Corel, Omega, Illy etc) use their own terminology and commands to achieve the same basic results. Flexi is no different. After you spend some time learning and familiarizing yourself with Flexi and its commands, you'll be pleased with its capabilities.

iSign

yeah... now instead of saying "thanks for nothing"...

...he can say "THANKS FOR THAT POINTLESSLY ACADEMIC LINK" :rolleyes: