• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PTO/time off on election day?

Stacey K

I like making signs
No, I was afraid of being quarantined as the virus is going around my sons school pretty heavily. I voted last week. I volunteered to be a poll worker but nobody ever called me...

netsol

Premium Subscriber
aren't we more likely to not be in wednesday, from watching the coverage (and still not knowing anything in the morning)
for those of us who are political junkies, this could be like the superbowl going on for 2 -3 weeks (or Bush v GORE x10)

but yes, i will vote in person tuesday so i may well be taking the day off, whether i intend to. or not

Stacey K

I like making signs
aren't we more likely to not be in wednesday, from watching the coverage (and still not knowing anything in the morning)
for those of us who are political junkies, this could be like the superbowl going on for 2 -3 weeks (or Bush v GORE x10)

but yes, i will vote in person tuesday so i may well be taking the day off, whether i intend to. or not
LMAO! I intend to take off Wednesday morning if Trump wins (lesson learned from 2016). Biden, I'll go to work, no winner, I'll go in late.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
No, I was afraid of being quarantined as the virus is going around my sons school pretty heavily. I voted last week. I volunteered to be a poll worker but nobody ever called me...

you are very brave,, this might not be the year to volunteer. (you are in a rural area, so not so bad)

Jeremiah

How many people will be leaving the US If the clown gets relected?
That is a very interesting statement. You must have some type of plan for yourself. Please share more on that specific plan. Are you and your family planning on leaving ths USA , If someone is Re Elected ? Sell all your property
Quit your job. , close your business ( if you own one ) . Seriously. Go to Mexico ? Go to Canada ? Go to Cuba ? What is your plan ? Sounds interesting .

rossmosh

Under normal circumstances, I'd say election day should be a national holiday which is structured to actually encourage voting vs just another day for businesses to put on a sale.

Given the expansion of mail in voting & early voting, I don't think it's as necessary.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
LMAO! I intend to take off Wednesday morning if Trump wins (lesson learned from 2016). Biden, I'll go to work, no winner, I'll go in late.

you might be going in late untill jan 21, when interim president pelosi takes office

do you remember how we ended up with senator al franken?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That is a very interesting statement. You must have some type of plan for yourself. Please share more on that specific plan. Are you and your family planning on leaving ths USA , If someone is Re Elected ? Sell all your property
Quit your job. , close your business ( if you own one ) . Seriously. Go to Mexico ? Go to Canada ? Go to Cuba ? What is your plan ? Sounds interesting .

He lives in china, so he doesn't have a say, anyway. He's just a sign person, nothing important.

netsol

Premium Subscriber

when alec baldwin threatened to leave the country i ups's him a sleeve of uhaul moving boxes

seriously, bear in mind that when the election swings the other way, the OTHER 150,000,000 people (perhaps the more mature half of the country, since they never occupied portland?) felt exactly the same way. a fact that we seem to loose sight of. you may find it hard to believe but your opinion DOESN'T carry more weight than the opinion of the other side (REGARDLESS OF WHICH WAY YOU ARE VOTING)

ChicagoGraphics

I already did that 3 years ago, but It wasnt because of Trump, now that see how Things are in the US I'm glad I made the move when I did. I moved to China, lets not hate now.....

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i am hooking up a 46" tv in the office, so we can watch election results, supreme court proceedings, i doubt that either side will concede gracefully