• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PTO/time off on election day?

d fleming

In our county there are no alcohol sales on election day and Christmas Day. So distillery wont be open but the sign shop will. Just me and the wife and we've already voted.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Texas_Signmaker said:
Texas has voting open for 3 weeks now. Don't most states do this now?

Not up here in Joke-la-homa. Early in-person voting at county courthouses only just started yesterday. Around round goes all day Friday and then one more limited round Saturday from 8:00am to 2:00pm. That's all us Okies get. I happened to drive past our county courthouse yesterday afternoon while running an errand. I couldn't believe the length of the line. People were gathered in a line that wrapped all the way around the building (past the county jail freight entrance) and started to over-flow into the mall parking lot. Average wait time was around 3 hours. It could be even worse Friday and Saturday. I'm personally just going to take my chances voting on Tuesday at my usual neighborhood polling location.

Lots of Oklahoma residents do mail-in (absentee ballot) voting. But if they didn't already mail their ballot days ago there is a considerable risk it might not be counted, even if the ballot is post-marked before November 3. Certain @$$holes are demanding the election be called the night of Tuesday November 3, no matter how many millions of ballots remain to be counted. At least 3 states don't even start counting ballots until Election Day. Literally millions of legal, legit ballots could end up being tossed, including a LOT of ballots from military voters. My dad is a retired Marine and my parents voted via absentee ballot the whole time my dad was an active duty Marine.

Absentee/mail-in ballots can be dropped off at the county courthouse. I don't know how they have things set up at the courthouse; hopefully anyone merely wanting to drop off their already completed ballot won't have to stand in the in-person voting line.

CanuckSigns

Why is voting in the states such an ordeal? When I vote, i'm in and out in less than 15 minutes, i hear stories of people waiting all day in line to vote, not trying to make this a political comment, genuinely curious.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
Why is voting in the states such an ordeal? When I vote, i'm in and out in less than 15 minutes, i hear stories of people waiting all day in line to vote, not trying to make this a political comment, genuinely curious.

I don't know much about their system, but I'm pretty sure there are different rules/process in each state (unlike ours, which is the same process everywhere). Which honestly makes my mind boggle - it must be very challenging to get a consistent count overall

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Pretty much, most of the voting takes place later in the day, so the lines go on for quite a while. That's what the news media reports on and twists it to their advantage. However, with this pandemic thing going on..... having to keep your 6' distancing is making the lines appear much longer. I've always voted in the morning, between 7 and 8am, to beat the rush. Last election (2016) I waited in line for over 2 hours at my little place. It was amazing. Nobody could believe it. The rules are supposed to be the same across the country, but they aren't and no one questions it. It'll all be over soon. Just hafta wait for the news that Trump won is all that's next..................

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
In WA state we've done the mail in ballot for years, no lines, vote at leisure. Only have to remember to drop it off in time - either in the mail or a drop box.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:thankyou:
Actually, I wasn't talking about any news station, but more the reports coming in directly from other countries..... you know, the real ones who know what's really happening round the world. :flamey:

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
The line was all the way around the courthouse again this morning in Lawton. May have to wait until Tuesday anyway.
JBurton.. If he loses we will all have to start learning Chinese.

TammieH

Washington state here, all vote by mail for 12 years, I voted last week and dropped off my ballot at my local Board of Elections, No More Lines!!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
i am hooking up a 46" tv in the office, so we can watch election results, supreme court proceedings, i doubt that either side will concede gracefully
My boss got us a bigger tv for the World Cup - I use it for Netflix :D

TammieH

How many people will be leaving the US If the clown gets relected?
I am not sure what I will do, Canada sounds promising, if I lose rights that I received under Obama, I could lose health care and who knows... :(
My community does have protections from the state...but for those who don't, who knows.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
I am not sure what I will do, Canada sounds promising, if I lose rights that I received under Obama, I could lose health care and who knows... :(
My community does have protections from the state...but for those who don't, who knows.

Come to Canada! Our healthcare is free*
*unless it's dental, mental health, most medications...

• Agree
Reactions: Bly