• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PTO/time off on election day?

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
CanuckSigns said:
Why is voting in the states such an ordeal?

Very simple. Some people in high places absolutely do not want all American citizens to be able to vote.

There's an old video featuring one @$$hole from the Heritage Foundation going on in detail how high voter turnout in elections is a really bad thing. If those elitist jerks had their way only a very select group of people would be allowed to vote: business owners of companies above a certain size who also happened to be white, male and Christian. They can't get such a thing hammered into the US Constitution (at least not yet). For the time being they just have to settle for tactics like old-fashioned voter suppression, Gerrymandering the shape of congressional districts and courtroom shenanigans to disqualify millions of ballots for whatever reason.

If the powers that be really truly believed in Democracy and thus wanted all legal citizens in good standing above the age of 18 to have an unobstructed opportunity to vote they would do some things different. Some nations make Election Day a paid national holiday. Or they hold elections on a weekend day. Not here in the US. We use all kinds of outdated technology and methods to vote in many places. Meanwhile the NYSE, NASDAQ, Amazon and lots of other firms accurately handle hundreds of millions (if not billions) of secure transactions per day. We can't do that with an election.

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Wonder if these sign guys are going to take election day off?

If you watch with the sound off it is a pretty impressive display of getting a billboard up under the cover of darkness.

Val47

Wonder if these sign guys are going to take election day off?

If you watch with the sound off it is a pretty impressive display of getting a billboard up under the cover of darkness.
I wonder what the Santa Aanna winds would do to that. I think I spelled that wrong

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
My sister and her American husband are moving back to Aust as soon as they can after living there for many years.
The clown isn't the only reason but he is an important factor.
With all the wildlife down there trying to eat you guys on a daily basis you have issues with clowns?

Seems like they would blend in pretty well:
it.jpg

Bly

Yeah he got bitten by a spider when they last lived here and we never heard the end of it. hahaha

WildWestDesigns

If the powers that be really truly believed in Democracy and thus wanted all legal citizens in good standing above the age of 18 to have an unobstructed opportunity to vote they would do some things different.

Technically we are a republic. There are a few differences and what constraints that we had in the beginning are far, far different then what people may think there are now.

I have to tell you, if anyone thinks that any of the political elite really have the common person's best interest at heart, keep chugging what your chugging as that will help you get thru the cluster that is 2020 (oh and be prepared for an extra hr of it this weekend as well, the hits just keep on coming).

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
WildWestDesigns said:
Technically we are a republic. There are a few differences and what constraints that we had in the beginning are far, far different then what people may think there are now.

Technically the United States is a "Democratic Republic." But the North Korean government calls its nation the same thing: Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) -a very cynical bit of satire on the label of Democracy. Fundamentally, the United States is supposed to be a REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY. That was the true intention of this nation's founding fathers. They did not intend to have some terminally narcissistic douche literally live out a fantasy of being crowned "King of America" in some glitzy coronation. Or at least being named some kind of half-@$$ed czar of America instead by his big buddy Vladdy-Bats in good ole Russia. Yet that is the direction where the United States is headed. We have some douchey traitors running things on our bit of rock in the middle of the oceans.

WildWestDesigns

Technically the United States is a "Democratic Republic." But the North Korean government calls its nation the same thing: Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) -a very cynical bit of satire on the label of Democracy. Fundamentally, the United States is supposed to be a REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY. That was the true intention of this nation's founding fathers.

"Democratic Republic" is still not a true democracy.

You also have to remember a couple of things. Reason why the electoral college still exists (although one group wants to do away with it) is that the general populace "flows" with the breeze a little too freely and given to raw emotion (some of the rhetoric being spewed forth supports that theory). Now there are some failings to that, but in general pretty true. Also have to remember that there was one requirement way back when that limited the voting even more then what you mention. That is "land owning". They wanted "stake holders" to be the ones that voted the direction of America. Now as to rather not what defined "stake holders" was the best and most representative is something else back then.

No one situation is going to ever be perfect, some are still better then others despite their flaws. Be thankful if you happen to be in one situation that is still better then the alternative.

Here is the little bit of irony, while everyone is in a tizzy over the Presidential election, what people should be more concerned about is the local and state elections. Those are the ones that determine who lords over us on a day to day basis far more.

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Technically the United States is a "Democratic Republic." But the North Korean government calls its nation the same thing: Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) -a very cynical bit of satire on the label of Democracy. Fundamentally, the United States is supposed to be a REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY. That was the true intention of this nation's founding fathers. They did not intend to have some terminally narcissistic douche literally live out a fantasy of being crowned "King of America" in some glitzy coronation. Or at least being named some kind of half-@$$ed czar of America instead by his big buddy Vladdy-Bats in good ole Russia. Yet that is the direction where the United States is headed. We have some douchey traitors running things on our bit of rock in the middle of the oceans.
:wine-smi::wine-smi::toasting::beer:bushmill:

dypinc

So you can vote for a man that gave up a life of luxury for his country or a man that gave up his country for a life of luxury.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
So you can vote for a man that gave up a life of luxury for his country or a man that gave up his country for a life of luxury.
".....give up a life of luxury"? C'mon man, he took a government job with housing, car, jet & helicopter, wait staff & security, catered meals & a personal chef, full cable-internet package with all the Fox channels, pre paid cell phone & a cool briefcase with a big red launch button.

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
".....give up a life of luxury"? C'mon man, he took a government job with housing, car, jet & helicopter, wait staff & security, catered meals & a personal chef, full cable-internet package with all the Fox channels, pre paid cell phone & a cool brief case with a big red launch button.

and immunity from criminal prosecution. I would find that valuable just by itself.