• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Questions about printing backlit sign

os101king

I like the printing twice on clear idea, applying to a white lexan. That means that you're printing only the CMYK on the clear and allowing the white of the substrate to complete the image, correct? Also I would ask for suggestions for the clear material you're printing on.

CoryP

i have a customer that wants specific PMS colors on their backlit sign, they want to use the old signface (they are aware of the ghosting possiblity). the old signface is white

i have white translucent oracal media and white translucent 3m..
i have not found a clear that prints well. im open to recomendations.

what is the best way to set up for this to get nice rich colors when printing with an HP9000.
thanks.

I have done quite a few backlit signs on my 9000, I use Wasatch and I print on white translucent (then Laminate) and I print at 2X 8 pass, I have a light table I use to test out colors, I have some pics of some of the signs, I'll be able to post some up here later on today

Malkin

i have a customer that wants specific PMS colors on their backlit sign, they want to use the old signface (they are aware of the ghosting possiblity). the old signface is white

i have white translucent oracal media and white translucent 3m..
i have not found a clear that prints well. im open to recomendations.

what is the best way to set up for this to get nice rich colors when printing with an HP9000.
thanks.

Bear in mind that you may be able to match a PMS color for frontlit (daytime) viewing, but backlit is a totally different animal. You can't get an actual match, but it might be similar. Sort of an apples to oranges scenario.
You would do well to set correct expectations for the customer early on.