• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Questions I'm tired of hearing

obxgrfx

One Of My Favorites

Customer: "Y'know I really like this.but I need my partner's approval. Can I take this drawing (scaled and in full color) to him?"

Me: "You sure can, as soon as you write me a check for $400.00"

Customer: " WHAT? The job is only $250.00."

Me: "And when you come back with the drawing and apporval you not only get the sign BUT you'll get cash back." (said with a winning smile)

kgirl

you want to put on a ski mask?.....

can you give me a discount?..I'm opening up three other locations that we will want quotes on....

TheSnowman

I want a decal for my car window do you do those? Sometimes we do, is the car here?

We go look at the car, it's a 1980 Chevy POS that they think is cool, and the colors HAVE to match, and they are anal that we sit down and design together. I tell them it's probably going to be about $150 minimum by the time it's done. They normally tell me they have a brother that might want one too, just a little different.

I send them up the road to the guy that works for free normally and tell them I only do business vehicles.

Jane Diaz

I LOVE walk in and they want you to "just" walk in the back room and produce it in 3 colors for them so they can take it with them.... Do you want fries with that?:banghead:

Locals Find!

Customer: "Can you match this price I found online from a company in korea for $3.10 for a 2 color 2 sided 18x24 coroplast sign. I am buying a lot of them I want 10"

Me: 10,000??

Customer: No 10 Signs

Me: No, I don't use child labor.

Customer: Thanks anyway.

True phone call that came into my cell at 9:30 this morning after a breakfast networking meeting.

J

john1

I got today..... "How much is each set?" after sending the customer a pricing break down for truck signs for his company vehicles that he will be installing lol Common sense isn't so common.

GregT

if someone wants a ballpark price, I always ask them if the want a little league or major league ballpark price. they usually shut up then.

GVP

Why can't you make it fill the sign? - customer presents a square logo to go on an 18" x 96" sign...

CentralSigns

What, you don't use Illustrator or Photoshop? Why not?

wayne k
guam usa

I get that from a hugely overpriced graphic artist all the time, "you don't use CS5, what kind of sign shop do you run". Like it's a prerequisite or something. I feel like saying I don't use CS5 cause you already fleeced them and now they want a deal cause they can't afford to make the sign.

BPSAFF

I have had these magnets on my truck for 3 years.....I tried to take them off yesterday and they pulled off my paint! How often do you take them off? Well, yesterday was the first time.

BPSAFF

Hello, I am with (insert charity), we are a non-profit organization....(everyone on this site can finish the rest of this one!!!)

My daughter is on a competition cheer squad and we are trying to raise money to pay for her to attend cheer camp this summer. Would you be willing to donate some signs or decals that she could sale to make her goal......no S**t.....got this one the other day. WOW

Mosh

Its just a sticker..right? Can't you just get that logo off the webb-site???
Why did the monkey fall out of the tree???...cause he was dead!
.....The most common reply is " I am not picking my nose..I am pulling things our of it"