• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Quiet CNC?

adamfilip

this is probably a silly question.

I am trying to find the quietest solution for a CNC plus quiet options for the Vacuum Table and Chip Collection.

Assuming it couldn't go outside of the building

anyone have any advise or recommendations on quiet products?

SignManiac

The loudest element is the vacuum hold down pump. I built a room around mine and then sound proofed it. That made a huge difference. No getting around some of the materials you will be cutting, the noises can vary from a dull loud to ear piercing. You might want to invest in a pair of good ear muffs.

skyhigh

Two good answers above.

I'll second the spindle option. That makes a world of difference over a router.

Techman

i use a hitachi router,, about half the noise of the porter cable router.. So quit that running idle needs no muffs.

iSign

Maniac, do you control the temperature in the pump room?
I went with a similar approach, but I had my compressor in the same room, and even after installing an exhaust fan, AND the heat exhaust was ducted up out of the building, I had sustained temps over 100 degrees, and began noticing premature fan belt failure on new compressor, as well as clues the compressor motor was also suffering in that heat...

Besides 2 additional fans in that room, I also knocked out half a wall and gave in to the noise, to bring the heat down. (at least it's on the second floor, so not bad when I'm down on the first with the Multicam... Now the tool in the material is usually the loudest sound...

letterman7

Which Hitachi do you run, Tech? Doing a quicky search it looks like most of the new models would be a pain to reduce to just the motor assembly.

daveb

General Know-it-all
We set our compressor outside (fortunately our router room is against a exterior wall) and piped it in. Can't even hear it when it's running. And the Perske spindle is really quiet compared to our old PC router motor.

WB

We have our Air Compressor, Compressor for our Vacuum hold down and our ShopVac for dust collection all in 1 room.. I wear ear protection when I go in. When it's gets hot I open the bay door. I'm not sure how this will work in the dead of summer.

SignManiac

Maniac, do you control the temperature in the pump room?

Doug sorry I didn't see your questions sooner. I haven't had a need to control the temperature at all. I've been using this setup for the past five years now. Outside of doing routine maintenance, changing pump oil, greasing, and keeping the air filter clean. Everything seems fine. I know the temp must get pretty hot inside. Florida during the summer is hot anyway and then all the heat inside the small room adds to that as well.

Here's a shot with the door open. The door does have an open space at the bottom to help circulate the air inside. I don't even have the exhaust going outside. So far so good.

Attachments

• router vac.jpg
    router vac.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 139

theskipman_98

The loudest element is the vacuum hold down pump.

I second this. We have some type of a dual turbine vacuum hold down. The problem was the noise and heat on its exhaust side. We originally had it ducted into the shop with us, but we ended up rerouting it to a 4 " pvc pipe and put it through the wall. Note if you do this put rat wire on the outside opening. The noise now is 1/2 what it use to be, but we missed the heat off of it this past winter.

bachaar

please i have cnc machine max w1325 v with dsp controle
when i strat machine
there B in the screen of dsp i press ok , screen appears go home
i press home the all axis move very speedily in the origine point after this all the all keys in the keyboard of the dsp don't work

please i need your help