• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Random thoughts for a kinder, gentler S101

jkdbjj

Shockwave Sign has a very interesting history and timeline to say the least...
They have about $1.5 million in HP equipment in Shelby sitting under plastic now... I am sure if anyone wants to make an offer on a 6100 or a TurboJet or a 5100 they would entertain all comers. I might make an offer on their cutter/router.

I ran as fast as I could from the original company. Big joke to me, but anyway. I talked to the guy who currently owns the equipment, he says he is keeping the cutter for now, for another project. He wants around 300k for the turbojet, and the cube flatbed I wouldn't want cause it has little support. Though he does have a lot of miscellaneous stuff up there, in particular I am trying to obtain the small dyesub system he has that does plaques and so forth.
Anyway, definitely an interesting story with that company, no doubt!

GypsyGraphics

DON'T YA JUST HATE IT WHEN....
you post on a really long thread, having read 3 or 4 pages
you're on topic with the OP, hit submit
and there you are on page 6

wait, what???
car's, politics and the ladies thread?

EDIT: oh look, now it's page 7 and i'm still confused on the topic. i've been away too many days to know what's going on here.

Msrae

Rae

wait, what???

EDIT: oh look, now it's page 7 and i'm still confused on the topic. i've been away too many days to know what's going on here.

:ROFLMAO: I was thinking something similar!

jkdbjj

wait, what???

That and equally as frustrating at times is when you type a well thought out response hit submit and it disappears, or the site errors and your thoughts just vanish.

Tintman928

Well being a REALLY new member here, not sure about past drama etc etc etc, but I can tell you from a few forums I participate in, or used to participate in, this place is NOTHING, if ya'll think your harsh, I'll let ya run with it!!!
Read in one of the posts about having thick skin, and giving out 12th place participation trophys............ That is without a doubt one of the biggest problems in the world (or america) today, life is not fair, you are owed nothing in life, sink or swim thats my motto. Anyways, back to topic I introduced myself in the new member intro area, but will do so again here. Hi everyone, I'm Harold, my user name "tintman" is what everyone knows me as, very few people actually call me Harold. I was born n raised (yet to grow up) in Winslow (Yes, standing on a corner :ROFLMAO:) Arizona, I moved down to Phoenix @ 16, and that was where I got into the window film industry. 6 months ago I moved back up to Winslow to take care of my parents, dad 90 and going strong (or so he thinks) mom not so much. I moved my tint business up here with me, and decided March 1st to incorperate signs/graphics etc etc etc into my business as there is no one here (2 actually) who want to work. Joined here to try n learn from professionals, and where I can, give some input. So there's me in a nutshell, I don't really care much about internet drama, everyone is a badazz behind a keyboard, I've had my fair share of kb badazzness, and actually earned some very good friendships from it. I know window tinters all over the world, and have had the pleasure of meeting alot of them.
So in short, GREAT thread, it's just the innerweb, don't take things so personal, if it reaches the point you wanna lose it because someone rubs you the wrong way, just remember, east coast, west coast, or southern costal areas all have beaches full of sand which is where you can tell that person to GO POUND SAND!!! :ROFLMAO:
I will try n post pics here in a few, gotta remember my photobucket login!!

Tintman928

Me and my dad in Chicago @ his 68th class reunion
Chicagotrip112.jpg

Me shopping when I was in Shreveport, still not sure why I thought I needed that hat!
TDTrip002.jpg

Don't bother me, I'm working!! LOL
fathersdayjob013.jpg

This is why I have the user name I do
camerapics004.jpg

My future ex wife!!! LOL
camerapics001.jpg

Hand Cut artwork in backwindow of a car back in 2000, photo was from 2007~2008
artwork.jpg

Ok, thats all the photos of me your gonna get!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
That and equally as frustrating at times is when you type a well thought out response hit submit and it disappears, or the site errors and your thoughts just vanish.

And so I have learned to Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C before I attempt to post, just in case...

GypsyGraphics

ya know what would be a great improvement all unto itself?
if disagreements were confined to the threads where they began.
dragging the mud slinging from one thread to the next, no matter the topic or who's participating, comes off really bad.

sometimes i'm reading a thread and think.... "dude, your tracking dirt in here, go back out and wipe your feet."

Last edited:

ucmj22

ya know what would be a great improvement all unto itself?
if disagreements were confined to the threads where they began.
dragging the mud slinging from one thread to the next, no matter the topic or who's participating, comes off really bad.

sometimes i'm reading a thread and think.... "dude, your tracking dirt in here, go back out and wipe your feet."

+1:goodpost: