• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Random thoughts for a kinder, gentler S101

d fleming

Aw...shucks. It's because I'm standin next to a rockstar aint it? I knew hangin with Randall would pay off!:clapping:
...it's a thread of hot guy pix in the premium section for the enjoyment of us busy signgals.
I can see we need to add a few more.
But even if someone is cute, and they use Brush Script or have bad kerning, etc., I'm still going to point it out.

idsignsil

I just want to say it again, Dan great post!

My name is Chad, I am 30 and I work at I.D. Signs. I have a degree in graphic design and photography. I do the design, run the printers and plotters, and do some install work. I have worked at the shop since 2008 and this forum has been a great wealth of knowledge and help. Before that I worked construction and then was a manager at Menards. I still learning something new every day, my boss has been working at the shop since he was 16. We also have an old sign painter and neon bender that has been doing this longer than I have been alive. I love working in the sign industry. Oh yeah, the avatar pic is me at a wedding I was in a little while back. That is about it.

Speedsterbeast

Glad to be posting on this thread
Name is Cory Zyromsky, I just turned 38 on Wednesday.
Owner/Operater North Shore Signs & Graphics in Thunder Bay, Ontario
My logo uses Mistral -Sorry, I tried literally hundreds of fonts, but it worked best for the feel I was going for. www.northshoresigns.ca

I am a one-man operation. Been in business part time for nearly 4 years, full time nearly 1 year.
My experience is limited, but I am very proud of the work I do, although I've never posted anything because fear of being bashed, but mostly because I have been confident for the most part, in what I turn out.

My educational background is marketing (Dan, I always dreamed of working in creative for an ad agency- long before Madmen.- so if you're looking)

I worked 12 years as an outside sales rep for an industrial supply company before this.
I race sailboats both "around cans" and offshore
I have also raced a VW Scirocco in our local Ice Racing Club- www.iceracingthunderbay.com (won a championship in 2010- took seven years of trying)
I also am a cetified level 1 Kayak instructor and am very passionate about the sport- had a published article in Superior Outdoors Magazine about a 2,000 km kayak trip circumnavigating Lake Superior with a friend back in 2007. I am looking at making a trip to Siberia and doing the same trip around Lake Baikal in the next couple of years.

There. Nothing left to hide.
That's fine with me.

Wow, we all seem so.. so... human or something now.

Thanks Dan.

Wiggum PI

I'll bite... I'm Chris, the skinny dude on the right. Luvs me fishin.
But i dunno about taking the spice out of the sight. There's nothing like seeing a cringe worthy question or answer and waiting for barrage of harassment and infighting to lighten up the day lol

Attachments

• SL371052.jpg
    SL371052.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 98

Arlo Kalon 2.0

There is no doubt that there is truth in the observation that some members leave because of disrespect that happens here. But that is often in the eye of the beholder. We had an old, old member leave here last week because I deleted a political thread he posted. He did this without any consideration for the friendships he had here nor the generous help he received from this community. So perceived disrespect comes in many forms. It is also true that generally allowing members to speak their minds is a heavy contributor to our popularity.

I have no doubt it is me you are referring to here. When I posted that thread, I quoted a doctor's politically slanted comments. They were not my words outright, but it was over a topic that has a direct effect on my future well-being. I considered the rules before posting it and thought that since the comments were quotes there might be some leeway afforded me. The fact that I considered it before posting is the cause of the knee jerk reaction to leave the forum. I have since cooled off - although I still think the thread should have been given a chance. I didn't stink the place up here by announcing my departure - I only let it be known to FB friends who I also know on signs101. There was a great deal of useful information in the post that superceded the political nature of the thread... the political part was merely background info to my way of thinking. There is a great deal of harm being done to American citizens at this very moment. I found out about some of it firsthand and relayed the information. I'm not going anywhere, but as I said in an earlier post, the aspect of participation in the sign industry is waning in my life. But I can't see leaving a place of contact with people who have comprised the last 40 years of my life.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
it's funny how life imitates art...

there's more drama in this forum than a season of survivor, which is probably why it is so successful.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have no doubt it is me you are referring to here. When I posted that thread, I quoted a doctor's politically slanted comments. They were not my words outright, but it was over a topic that has a direct effect on my future well-being. I considered the rules before posting it and thought that since the comments were quotes there might be some leeway afforded me. The fact that I considered it before posting is the cause of the knee jerk reaction to leave the forum. I have since cooled off - although I still think the thread should have been given a chance. I didn't stink the place up here by announcing my departure - I only let it be known to FB friends who I also know on signs101. There was a great deal of useful information in the post that superceded the political nature of the thread... the political part was merely background info to my way of thinking. There is a great deal of harm being done to American citizens at this very moment. I found out about some of it firsthand and relayed the information. I'm not going anywhere, but as I said in an earlier post, the aspect of participation in the sign industry is waning in my life. But I can't see leaving a place of contact with people who have comprised the last 40 years of my life.

It's good to see you back.

FWIW, the post in question generated a complaint within two minutes of you posting it. I read it and agreed. A political post doesn't depend on quoting anyone or expressing one's own opinion. It definitely would have generated a series of worsening replies and would have required constant monitoring and eventual removal because it was totally political regardless of the fact that it is important to you.

CheapVehicleWrap

I can say from the bottom of my heart that I would have chosen an entirely different personality for signs101 if only.......

I NEW THE PLACE WAS FULL OF HOT CHICKS!:banghead:

Jillbeans

No....but I would like to help Fred. Just bumped that thread up in fact. Going to go peruse a bit before tucking myself in.