• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Random thoughts for a kinder, gentler S101

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Yes.....
name and face sharing is producing a much more professional image around here.

carry on

wayne k
guam usa
(real name and real location)

CanuckSigns

My name is Scott, I am in the process of taking over the family sign/engraving shop from my parents who have been running it for 18 years. Hopefully I can help out others even 1/10th the amount I've been helped on here!

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.

Attachments

• Yup-this-happens.png
    Yup-this-happens.png
    169.8 KB · Views: 99

Dave Drane

Excellant post from Dan, who is one of the most admired contributors here.
I have been here quite a while and I have met a few people here and hope to meet more when I am next in the states. I am one of the old cranky dudes who has a love/hate relationship with computers. My life is an open book, so anything you need answers to just ask. I also have a thick hide and don't often take too much offence. I am sorry to the folks I have offended here, and I believe Fred does a tremendous job of running the site but I wish he had not dropped the NHB.

Speedsterbeast

Sweet stuff man, I have a 92 Corrado vr6 would never think of racing it on ice. You might be one of the few who even knows what my car is.

The awesome two seater.
I love those.
There are a few Yanks who come up and race with us, and one of them brings a Corrado.
It's a fast machine, but I can actually keep up with it with my 4 cyl.
I have the weght down to about 1,900 lbs with a roll cage in it. I can lift the back of the car off the ground without any trouble at all.
Put some studs on and come race with us.

I beleive we have a clip. We're doing about 90mph through this dogleg.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI8rxm3EHps

Moze

Precision Sign Services
The awesome two seater.
I love those.
There are a few Yanks who come up and race with us, and one of them brings a Corrado.
It's a fast machine, but I can actually keep up with it with my 4 cyl.
I have the weght down to about 1,900 lbs with a roll cage in it. I can lift the back of the car off the ground without any trouble at all.
Put some studs on and come race with us.

I beleive we have a clip. We're doing about 90mph through this dogleg.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI8rxm3EHps

That looks like a blast.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

FWIW, the post in question generated a complaint within two minutes of you posting it.

Since only Joe Diaz and Joe Pribish viewed it, it had to be one of those two. My money's on Old Paint since it condemned his hero Obama in a round about way. Yet, he posts all the time about Rush Limbaugh, and I don't care how you word it, a post about Limbaugh is at its essence a political post. I really don't care anymore... it's just sad to me that millions of pain management patients are facing a bleak future of being grossly undermedicated.

10sacer

If I did it right - the photo is me. Sean Miller. Nice to meet you all. Going to ISA next week to spend the kids' inheritance.

GypsyGraphics

in two days, i'll have been a member here for 3 years. S101 was my first forum experience and the first site i joined after a pretty serious situation that keeps me from EVER using my real name on the internet again. but the name i use is NOT random and impersonal, quite the contrary. i lost my mom shortly before joining s101, the name gyspy came from her (story on profile). as for avatars, other than my double g's... i've always used my photo.

i do like seeing people faces, but it has no bearing on how i interact with people.
the way they interact with others is probably what i notice most.
not to mention... funny, talent and tools :tongue:

jkdbjj

If I did it right - the photo is me. Sean Miller. Nice to meet you all. Going to ISA next week to spend the kids' inheritance.

I met you at a shop (shockwave) I use to work at off arrowood. The company has since gone under, but you worked at Dupont at the time. You would come in, hoping the guy Bill I worked for would step up to one of your flatbeds.

Anyway, great to hear you are very successful at your own company now.

10sacer

I met you at a shop (shockwave) I use to work at off arrowood. The company has since gone under, but you worked at Dupont at the time. You would come in, hoping the guy Bill I worked for would step up to one of your flatbeds.

Anyway, great to hear you are very successful at your own company now.

Shockwave Sign has a very interesting history and timeline to say the least...
They have about $1.5 million in HP equipment in Shelby sitting under plastic now... I am sure if anyone wants to make an offer on a 6100 or a TurboJet or a 5100 they would entertain all comers. I might make an offer on their cutter/router.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Since only Joe Diaz and Joe Pribish viewed it, it had to be one of those two. My money's on Old Paint since it condemned his hero Obama in a round about way. Yet, he posts all the time about Rush Limbaugh, and I don't care how you word it, a post about Limbaugh is at its essence a political post. I really don't care anymore... it's just sad to me that millions of pain management patients are facing a bleak future of being grossly undermedicated.

No, those two are just who you know about. The complaint came from another member.