• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Realtree camo patterns

Xw00dsrac3rX

its $2500 for 3 months of access to use the real-tree artwork

Holy smokes! The rolls are small and expensive as well.

I constantly get asked about camo but no one wants to pay for Realtree so yesterday I took pictures of the woods and made my own. The "tile" is 18"x24" at 300dpi so it can be enlarged to easily twice that and with the generous use of the clone stamp it seems like a have a usable camo. I did the back of my PT in camo and lettered the window about the All New Southern Live Oak Pattern! Get yours today!

We'll see how it goes.....

Thats an interesting idea. Just out of curiosity, what did your pattern turn out like when it was all said and done?

mudmedia

I just ordered from these guys today. http://www.camo4u.com/ It's all on 3m comply and reasonably priced. They have about every pattern you would need.

Ya it is all 3m comply which is great right? What they do not tell you is it is liquid laminated. Trust me I just installed some for a buddy of mine and it is so brittle, tears, does not have any stretch to it at all it really is hard stuff to work with. Maybe I am just not use to installing non laminated or liquid laminated prints but the realtree he bought was not anything like sheet laminated ij180cv3.

Richard G

If you get a chance do check out the Aurora Oak ambush or any of the other camo's I have been using there stuff for a long time and have always had happy customers.

deegrafix

About that camo I created.....

I'm going to have to redo it. I didn't notice until I was showing it to one of the "kids" but there's trash and empty beer cans all over the ground. The kids say leave it, that it's "authentic Florida". Lol.

Also the greens are too bright overall. Looks like I have some hiking in my future.

Kids- the youngest one is 28 and the others in their 30's. They'll still always be kids to me though.

TXFB.INS

we have a customer who is wanting to get realtree camo, especially after seeing duck dynasty. they brought in their Ipad and showed http://camowraps.com/
Fellers also carries this line.

my questions are;
  1. how are they able to offer a life time warranty?
  2. if you do make a claim how does that work in getting it resolved.
sounds like a gimmick

It sounds better to produce the camo yourself, unfortunately we don't have access to woods/grasslands etc... to take photos.

where are there templates to buy? the realtree license is LUDICROUS priced!

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
we have a customer who is wanting to get realtree camo, especially after seeing duck dynasty. they brought in their Ipad and showed http://camowraps.com/

my questions are;
sounds like a gimmick

It sounds better to produce the camo yourself, unfortunately we don't have access to woods/grasslands etc... to take photos.

It's a gimmick. http://www.camowraps.com/lifetime-warranty ... they don't support products that have errors due to installation or if it's been abused in a way that would make a product fail ... like driving through a field to hunt in.

Most of these patterns are just photoshop wizardry, almost all of them have some sort of vertical element to seam the graphic, they really only use an 18x24 patch to tile and most if not all of them are made by using many components, then use the offset in photoshop to move the seam to do blending work. It's no different than when you need to make any other custom wrap texture but don't want to mess with making a 5'x8'@200dpi photoshop file with about 30 layers.

Just find a decent stock photographer (plenty of amature ones on deviantart.com that are rather good at what they do) that will get you what you need with an art release for the photos so you can use them how you want.

options

Anyone here worked with the realtree camo patterns? We have a client that want a full wrap on a pickup with one of the patterns that real tree offers, I have tried to e-mail them but they have not responded so I am tryng to find other options.
Are there alternatives to the realtree patterns or anyone here have a license willing to sell me a pattern? I am located in Sweden so I need to buy it digitally and print over here.

We are located in rural Canada and are seeing an increased demand both locally and from our customers overseas for many different camo styles.
So we have used a number of different products from patterns to per-printed materials.
From a pro-shop point of view our experiences with per-printed have not been great. (Clients will come to us with products they have purchased for us to install). The camo patterns collections we have used have been great and the selection somewhat well received by the public.
We have had some push back on variety and the ability to customize individual camo patterns.

laserman70

Make your own.
I made this snow camo and sell alot locally..

Attachments

• snowcamosmall.jpg
    snowcamosmall.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 137

phototec

my questions are;
sounds like a gimmick

Real Tree - I don't think so...

Check out the Real Tree image below (thanks to the link Mosh provided), does this repeated pattern look real to you?

When have you ever gone into the woods and noticed trees evenly spaced?

I hate all these camo patterns that are nothing more the one single image repeated many, many time down the side of a vehicle, it doesn't look REAL at all. It looks FAKE to me.

There are some camo wraps I have seen that look real, (very few), and Aurora Graphics sells Camo graphics that are NON repeating and look real. And for $95 you can purchase the Bushwolf Ambush Camo it's 220" long and has no repeats throughout the pattern making a great looking wrap! Not only that but you'll be able to print it yourself allowing you the freedom to choose where you want seems to land, or if you don't want seems at all!

https://www.auroragraphics.net/product_info.php?products_id=2893

Attachments

• Repeating Camo.jpg
    Repeating Camo.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Bushwolf Ambush.jpg
    Bushwolf Ambush.jpg
    579.4 KB · Views: 156

biggmann

we went through this last summer (thanks to Duck Dynasty) and everyone kept asking about camo graphics. I started by contacting Realtree, no luck, then looked at camo sheets already printed but being in Canada there weren't any options available to us here except shipping from the states and then paying duties and taxes and a general PITA so we created our own design and making a 12 x 12 section that could be tilled and that has worked out/ My advice is spend some time and make your own I think its worth it.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
we went through this last summer (thanks to Duck Dynasty) and everyone kept asking about camo graphics. I started by contacting Realtree, no luck, then looked at camo sheets already printed but being in Canada there weren't any options available to us here except shipping from the states and then paying duties and taxes and a general PITA so we created our own design and making a 12 x 12 section that could be tilled and that has worked out/ My advice is spend some time and make your own I think its worth it.

Which would not solve the issue discussed about corny looking "repeating patterns".