• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recomendatios Chinese Printer DX5 head

negrozx

Hi everyone. We are from MOntevideo-Uruguay and we are thinking the posibilitie of buy a new printer of 3.2 mts width in China. We actually have a Mutoh VJ1604 bue now we need a 3.2 width and high definition with Epson DX% heads. Do you have any factory to recomend? or any model? thanks!

artbot

there are currently two "english speaking" shops that are purchasing a wit-color ultra 9000. (one here in the USA, the other africa). it's been a topic of discussion in this thread

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91309&highlight=express

you might find a good read there.

my jv3 has been showing it's age and i'm also considering the same. currently i'm leaning toward the wit-color ultra 9000 2.2m. i'm intrigued by the mi-color's chassis design. very low and light weight but that usually means that all the electronics are under the frame. which i can't use for mechanical modifications in the future. otherwise, i'd have micolor tied with wit-color. both builders don't seem to be using the cheapest parts possible, unlike other builders in china.

negrozx

there are currently two "english speaking" shops that are purchasing a wit-color ultra 9000. (one here in the USA, the other africa). it's been a topic of discussion in this thread

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91309&highlight=express

you might find a good read there.

my jv3 has been showing it's age and i'm also considering the same. currently i'm leaning toward the wit-color ultra 9000 2.2m. i'm intrigued by the mi-color's chassis design. very low and light weight but that usually means that all the electronics are under the frame. which i can't use for mechanical modifications in the future. otherwise, i'd have micolor tied with wit-color. both builders don't seem to be using the cheapest parts possible, unlike other builders in china.

first thanks for the quickly response. I am asking in wit color but in case os micolor in the web only appears a 1.8 mts width and we need a 3.2 width printer.

artbot

hmmm... the 3.2 dx5 is very very common i china. as for 3.2 the person in africa is getting the 3.6(?) that purchase should be in a month or so. why go dx5 with such a large printer? and not proton, or k512 14pl, etc.?

negrozx

hmmm... the 3.2 dx5 is very very common i china. as for 3.2 the person in africa is getting the 3.6(?) that purchase should be in a month or so. why go dx5 with such a large printer? and not proton, or k512 14pl, etc.?

because we like to complement the Mutoh. We like to have 2 printers printing at the same time in the same quality and colours. We will use the same ink in both machines. I ask in wit color, i like to know prices because all I read here in this forum targets theese printer.

artbot

that is a very good reason. pappa printer and baby printer same ink same general output. no matter how large the order there's no reason no to get them both going. they may be fairly similar too? many chinese OEMs use japanese design as a template for their own machines. i'm not familiar with the mutoh much. did you look at the video of the install? does the ink supply and the board arrangement look familiar?

negrozx

that is a very good reason. pappa printer and baby printer same ink same general output. no matter how large the order there's no reason no to get them both going. they may be fairly similar too? many chinese OEMs use japanese design as a template for their own machines. i'm not familiar with the mutoh much. did you look at the video of the install? does the ink supply and the board arrangement look familiar?

yes, I see a couple of videos and look similar. I ask to witcolor but doesn't response. I think is the best option in China, isn't it? do you kwon another manufacter to recomend?

artbot

no chinese OEM repsonds asap. it's somewhat cultural and somewhat the nature of being a factory. wit-color, as do the other builders, have distributors that buy containers full of these printers at a time. wit-color has a mexican, brazilian, russian, and more. and then a guy like us calls and says "hey can i have one pritner sent to such and such?" it's like calling roland because you want to buy a printer. you have to email these companies about four or five times before they take you seriously. then you will get all kinds of stuff back and forth over the next several days.

send me your email address. i think i have some brochures, maybe a doc file with some prices etc.

i can't promise that china is the best option. you'll need to accept that you won't have a large user base, parts will be shipped from distributors abroad, etc. but the chinese machines, just this year, have started to look like they are serious pieces of equipment. that wasn't true even three years ago.

negrozx

Dear fellas. I am desapointed with wit-color. I'm triying to buy a printer about 2 weeks and their take me seriuosly. I wrote severals time, and they can't give me prices. They put excuses, the last, they have internet problems :S I desoriented, I like this machine for your recomendation, but is imposible to buy and the company don't like so seriusly with their excuses to don't reply.

Circleville Signs

Dear fellas. I am desapointed with wit-color. I'm triying to buy a printer about 2 weeks and their take me seriuosly. I wrote severals time, and they can't give me prices. They put excuses, the last, they have internet problems :S I desoriented, I like this machine for your recomendation, but is imposible to buy and the company don't like so seriusly with their excuses to don't reply.

Say what?

bilge

Neighbor

hi negrozx,

I'll give you few general advice. My english is bad too:wink:

1. Why witcolor doesn't response to you, they simply don't have 3.2m printer with DX5 printhead (i guess) or decent quality
2. If you really want to deal with chinese, you have to go to china and find their distributor who has english knowledge. the factory don't want mess with you
3. You don't expect same quality as RoMiMu
4. Most reliable 3.2m printer from Chinese brands is FeiYeung Union printer. But I'm afraid whether they have printer with DX5 printer

I'm dealing with chinese last 10 years.

artbot

they had one advertised at 3.3m last year...

1.8, 2.2, 2.6, and 3.3 (the 2.6m is missing from one brochure). at this size, it doesn't seem like dx5 would be the best print head... who is going to observe the print that closely at these huge widths? currently in the 2000 series wit-color is pushing the 2000 series (a four proton head machine only has $800 worth of heads so i doubt this model is very expensive).

rjssigns

That is a neat unit. But HP has an industrial unit that is faster. Static ranks of piezo heads, 48" print width, 600X600dpi @1000 feet per minute. Their next unit will be 720x720 at 1200fpm. Heads are clipped in and replaceable in a couple minutes. And the units are full VDP. Local manufacturer builds them for HP and some of my good friends work there. They cannot build them fast enough at 15+ units per month.

I would imagine since they are a piezo head you could run whatever ink you wanted. Maybe one of artbots secret blends. :rolleyes:

artbot

i could put a memjet to work. but i'm slowly getting out of the cmyk business, maybe the inkjet business. my main buyer is getting an fb500 to knock off "art", this trend will occur across my industry. so i'm going to get over in to the glass/tile decoration side of the industry.

Nicky Zhou

PrintLinks
yes, I see a couple of videos and look similar. I ask to witcolor but doesn't response. I think is the best option in China, isn't it? do you kwon another manufacter to recomend?

Yeah, here in China 3.2 m wider printer with DX5/6 or even DX7 is much popular now, you can say there are lots of main manufacture in China, some of them a good at body, some are software, but almost the same PCBs.. if you want to know more, Just add my Skype: floranicky. Maybe I can give you some advice according to your requirement.