• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recomendatios Chinese Printer DX5 head

artbot

latest update from rubo. i got a call from him yesterday and his sepiax was giving him fits. it really needs the right dx5 head with the special metals to avoid clogging. i think it's time to put the sepiax dog to sleep. i wish it weren't true. but it's just not happening.

artbot

an epson 7880 i believe? maybe you should contact him. he's now about to scrap the printer plus his ink.

artbot

yup. he's wanting to sell. but i really think with some help he may be able to get it to work right.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Bummer. Sadly that seems to be thr trend with those who give Sepiax a go on their own in the long run. Cound be the head though, there are several versions of the DX5 head, one of which the heads nozzle plate is teflon coated and has a gold look to it instead of grey. Might need to get that one to prevent the adhesive binders in the Sepiax from sticking to it. However I belive the teflon coated one is what comes in the 4880/7880/9880 printers in which case he would probably already have that version of the DX5.

latest update from rubo. i got a call from him yesterday and his sepiax was giving him fits. it really needs the right dx5 head with the special metals to avoid clogging. i think it's time to put the sepiax dog to sleep. i wish it weren't true. but it's just not happening.

sergiomacedo38

Smartcolor

I bought too, last week one Smartcolor, do you like this printer? Do you can sen your oppinion about this printer? Do you use Photoprint? Thanks ,

Sergio

kevink2862

i'm just burned out. been in the inkjet/CMYK business for about 14 years straight. printed substrates are a commodity and there will be a glut of used flatbeds over the next 5 years. the art business is almost destroyed by the digital age (and even i had my own tiny bit to do with it). so looking forward to new complexities.

if it works out of the box, i'm bored with it before i get started.

I've been around the inkjet business since the days of encad and electrostatic and even before they came on the scene, know what you mean but still can not beat he trade and would not change for all the tea in china. 34 years and counting.. and know where ya coming from.... :)

artbot

35 years on me. looking forward to a following 35 years that's a lot more adventurous.

a year after the 2013 comment, i had a partnership with a 33,000 sq foot operation. then that "burn out' truly took hold. that closed down, tried to keep going. eventually burned all my bridges and went back in to the fine art business. it's been two years of elective unemployment now about to hit the market. and the printer... bought a flatbed, which broke down two years later, possibly unfixable paperweight. considering just walking from inkjet. i've taken to cnc work instead for everything i do.

http://alanalldredge.tumblr.com/