• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recomendatios Chinese Printer DX5 head

Nicky Zhou

PrintLinks
i could put a memjet to work. but i'm slowly getting out of the cmyk business, maybe the inkjet business. my main buyer is getting an fb500 to knock off "art", this trend will occur across my industry. so i'm going to get over in to the glass/tile decoration side of the industry.

How is the business for glass/tile decoration ?

artbot

i'm just burned out. been in the inkjet/CMYK business for about 14 years straight. printed substrates are a commodity and there will be a glut of used flatbeds over the next 5 years. the art business is almost destroyed by the digital age (and even i had my own tiny bit to do with it). so looking forward to new complexities.

if it works out of the box, i'm bored with it before i get started.

Christian @ 2CT Media

That is a neat unit. But HP has an industrial unit that is faster. Static ranks of piezo heads, 48" print width, 600X600dpi @1000 feet per minute. Their next unit will be 720x720 at 1200fpm. Heads are clipped in and replaceable in a couple minutes. And the units are full VDP. Local manufacturer builds them for HP and some of my good friends work there. They cannot build them fast enough at 15+ units per month.

I would imagine since they are a piezo head you could run whatever ink you wanted. Maybe one of artbots secret blends. :rolleyes:

According to memjet and xante their wide format machine prints at 6,300 sqft/hr or 105 sqft/min at 1600dpi x 1600 dpi... thats insane for their asking price of $40k

artbot

the last time i read anything about the printer, the price was $85,000. if it was $40k, i'm sure their would be some decent sales. currently the inventor and his investors are in a bitter court battle about mishandling of funds, etc.

Nicky Zhou

PrintLinks
i'm just burned out. been in the inkjet/CMYK business for about 14 years straight. printed substrates are a commodity and there will be a glut of used flatbeds over the next 5 years. the art business is almost destroyed by the digital age (and even i had my own tiny bit to do with it). so looking forward to new complexities.

if it works out of the box, i'm bored with it before i get started.

I think right now, maybe find a good way to print on wood, ceramic tile would be much promising... Here in China , people now working on Iphone case/accessory, earn a lot of money.... There is alway a way to money...
hehe

artbot

i'm building a 2.2m * 7m flatbed right now for doing tile murals and such. but still in general, i've been an artist for 32 years, will complete my life with another 35 years or so years of being an artist. one of the things about the "way to money" is to be excited about your product. so just trying to keep an aging career exciting.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Any word on the WitColor Ultra 9000? I'm interested in hearing feed back as we are contemplating purchasing one and a flatbed Solvent Machine and converting to SepiaX inks.

artbot

just got an update from a chris190 that the printer is in customs and will be in the USA in a few weeks.

artbot

any 60" printer that sells for much less than $5500, i wouldn't trust. from the machining quality of the rails, bearings, wiring, pcbs, pumps, frame, workmanship.... you are better with a $4000 jv3 or something. at a certain point paying only $4k for a brand new printer is like planning to fail. wouldn't this thing consume several thousands of dollars of media and ink and bring in tens of thousands of business, at least, each year? otherwise don't own one at all because the upkeep and the hassles of a parked eco-solvent printer aren't worth it.

emanuelav

Hi guys, 3 months ago I bought a chinese dx5 printhead printer, is a smartcolor built by a chinese company named fortunelit.

Im still learning how to use it but prints
really good.

We had problems with static (overspray) and the cleaning of the capping station.

Maybe when the wit color printers arrives I can help.

paulbaguio

any 60" printer that sells for much less than $5500, i wouldn't trust. from the machining quality of the rails, bearings, wiring, pcbs, pumps, frame, workmanship.... you are better with a $4000 jv3 or something. at a certain point paying only $4k for a brand new printer is like planning to fail. wouldn't this thing consume several thousands of dollars of media and ink and bring in tens of thousands of business, at least, each year? otherwise don't own one at all because the upkeep and the hassles of a parked eco-solvent printer aren't worth it.

artbot, that means the 1.6m neojet may not be a good investment (USD4500)? to some extent would that be useful for the not so busy shop (or small shop prints)? or its really better off going with ultra 9000?

artbot

the neojet uses the gantry/slide of an encad 700. famous for carriage axis failures. at $4200, i'd add just a few more bucks to it and get something with a standard gantry. after looking at them i also noticed that there was some guy (usa) that had one and it was having homing issues.

the 2012 shanghai sign expo is in july.

http://eng.apppexpo.com/

i am going to beg my buyer (possible future partner) to fly out with me to see it. i've got my eye on several new machines. one very compelling printer is the new flatbeds (dual dx5 LED cure) of many sizes from 4x8 for $28k to up to 6x10 $37k.

http://www.lysycnc.com.cn/athena/offerdetail/sale/wzwwcw-1034175-1160944149.html

i've been in contact with them just late. excellent english speaking sales staff, very friendly and quick to respond. i'm impressed so far.

on the 9000, i like it because it is waaaay over built. plus we've had the chance to see many up close videos, read long reviews on russian sign/printer message boards. there's very little to guess about.

one other note. recently the bemajet purchase discussed on this board has turned out well. at first the printer had a disconnected pump line that i think turned out to be a vacuum access line, some hiccups (bought by newbies...keep that in mind). but the review is that it prints better than the prints that the now bemajet owner was paying to have printed across town. so slowly, each chinese printer seems to be showing up, working well, and going against any previous taboo about low quality from years ago.

rjssigns

Looking forward to the Chicago trip to see chris190's printer. If it runs well I may get one. We have been getting slammed by last minute work orders. I NEED SPEED! Was up 'til after midnight Friday waiting for a job to finish on my SP540. Don't get me wrong the thing is a tank and bangs out flawless work. But when you get 11 monster files on Friday afternoon and it needs to go Monday.... Fortunately there was no contour cut or trimming. Just print and lam.

Latex would be slick too with no outgas period. Ever feel like a cornered rat?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Switch to SepiaX? Its just like Latex properties just lower heat, cheaper, and works with Epson Heads.

I'm also interested in the WIT Color, We are seriously considering getting the 10' and their flatbed to run with SepiaX.

rjssigns

Switch to SepiaX? Its just like Latex properties just lower heat, cheaper, and works with Epson Heads.

I'm also interested in the WIT Color, We are seriously considering getting the 10' and their flatbed to run with SepiaX.

If I could find my link I would post about the 3.2m unit. Was $12K delivered with ink at 50 bux a liter.
Maybe we could rent a bus and converge en masse at chris190's shop.LOL