• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommendations on a pen tablet

WildWestDesigns

I have two Intous3 tablets. They are great. I will be parting with them and getting a 12Cinteq in the near future. I like the smaller size for traveling. Best of luck, you will love it.

My sister had got the smaller size, because she wanted it for traveling. It didn't work out as much as she thought it would. It was still a little cumbersome for her to travel with.

signswi

Levels of sensitivity is what matters, Wacom excels at this and it's why they're the only real choice in the field. Touch screen monitors and such are binary and therefor nearly useless for drawing.

tbaker

I have a wacom intuos 2 that I bought brand new, I use frequently, and it has been through mutliple moves with me. For fine retouching, or drawing in general I would recommend it without reservations. I absolutely love mine.

They aren't the cheapest, but it really is durable. Mine is a 9x12 which I find to be about the perfect size, since I can work on a large chunk of real estate without having to move my picture around all the time.

Good Luck, and as someone said above, don't get frustrated, it's a new skill.

sfr table hockey

There are a lot on ebay but some are missing pens. Is this an issue or can you buy a new pen?

Would there be any issue with registration on a used pad?

Thanks for any input.

drive

You can get pens thru the wacom website i do believe. If you are taking about registration from a different pen on a tablet, no. I'm using 2 wacom graphire 4 tablets with a much newer pen right now

Graphicholik3

It really all depends on your budget, and what you're going to be using it for. That will help you determine size, & features. Not to mention compatibly with your system/software. As for brands, Wacom is a leader for a reason. I've never use any other brand therefore I don't have much opinion on that, but theirs a reason experts choose Wacom.

signmeup

I'll let you know.. I just ordered one. 54 bucks shipped to Canada. If it sucks I'll get a great youtube vid of "repackaging" it.

Oooooo...... shiney. And look at all those buttons!

Attachments

• tablet.jpg
    tablet.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Wes Phifer

Did you get it yet? I almost got one until I saw you took the plunge. This forum only needs one guinea pig. LOL.

David Wright

I'll let you know.. I just ordered one. 54 bucks shipped to Canada. If it sucks I'll get a great youtube vid of "repackaging" it.

Oooooo...... shiney. And look at all those buttons!

I like the buttons.

On further inspection I looked it up at the website. There seems far too many good and rave reviews there. Too good to be true, or a steal?

signmeup

It isn't here yet. I'm in Canada so it takes a little longer for things to arrive. I will report my findings though.
I'm also waiting for a video card and some ram. Giddy with excitement. Oh, and some hardcoat for foam. It's like freakin' Christmas here.

Last edited:

williaty

We bought one of the Monoprice tablets after seeing this thread. She loaded the Wacom drivers for OS X and she's extremely happy with it. It has pressure but not angle sensitivity. Works pretty well but I still find having to put a battery in the stylus to be weird.