• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Refacing old Chevron sign...Help

jwmedia

Here are pics....

Here are some pictures to those of you still willing to help. I want to apologize to all who I was rude to, but I just never have been great at taking and accepting rudeness directed toward me for no reason.

However, here are the pictures. I have two pictures that I took with my phone (not the best quality on an Aria) and one that I drew up to help you guys and gals understand a bit better. Let me know if you would need any further info.

I really do appreciate those willing to help...especially the ones who offer it without insults.

THANKS!

Attachments

• OldPanFace.jpg
    OldPanFace.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Cabinet_1.jpg
    Cabinet_1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 154
  • Face_Rear.jpg
    Face_Rear.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 155

daveb

General Know-it-all
I really hate to say this :banghead::banghead: but :banghead::banghead: Mosh was probably right. Looks like a flex face retrofit would be the simplest solution. If your really intent on a formed face... either Milliken or World Wide Sign Systems would probably do a pretty good job.

jwmedia

I really hate to say this :banghead::banghead: but :banghead::banghead: Mosh was probably right. Looks like a flex face retrofit would be the simplest solution. If your really intent on a formed face... either Milliken or World Wide Sign Systems would probably do a pretty good job.

Thanks! I'll check them out and see the best road to take...You don't think there would be any way to make a pan face with 1.5" flange work?

daveb

General Know-it-all
Thanks! I'll check them out and see the best road to take...You don't think there would be any way to make a pan face with 1.5" flange work?
Not sure I'm understanding, I think you're wanting a pan without a flange. The flange is the part that goes outward parallel to the face on a normal pan face. Problem would be getting the EXACT measurements, the big sign companies can waste a few pieces of plex until they get their molds set up right and then mass produce these puppies. With a retainer system like that, if you're off a little there's no way to adjust. Definitely go with polycarbonate and not acrylic.

Billct2

OK, since you actually posted up the pictures and a sketch
so now I understand the problem...
I think you might be able to use a regular pan face with flange.
You'll just have to make retainers

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 170

SouthTexSignGuy

Dualite in Cedar Hill, TX makes replacement Chevron faces for these type cabinets. Maybe they could make you a blank one to fit the existing retainer set up you have. You will need to know if its a C45,C60 or C78 cabinet. Or as others have stated you will have to do some kind of retro fit to install any other type faces.

Sign Prophet

Dualite in Cedar Hill, TX makes replacement Chevron faces for these type cabinets. Maybe they could make you a blank one to fit the existing retainer set up you have. You will need to know if its a C45,C60 or C78 cabinet. Or as others have stated you will have to do some kind of retro fit to install any other type faces.

+1 for Dualite.

visual800

order reg pans and keep in place with aluminum angle iron is what I would do also..some signs wint worth messing with sometimes lol