• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removable Wall Graphics - aka like Fathead

CALL VECTOR GRAPHICS AND USED THERE 8Mil RIGID MEDIA ITS PERFECT WALL ART MATERIAL, IT ACCEPTS INK GREAT AND ITS REALLY CHEAP. 1.800.345.6027 ITS THE BEST MATERIAL OUT THERE

Vinylman

Finally: has anything else hit the market lately that works??? Photo-Tex is still the only thing that is sticking for me to painted sheet rock.

I have been using PhotoTex® for over two years, and I agree with you that it is one of the few, if any, printables that will stay where you put it.
You mentioned in an earlier reply that you didn't care for the "flat" appearance of the finished print.

We use the gloss liquid laminate made by Daige®, and get a reasonable sheen on our prints.

This is a great example of finding a product that works, then selling the customer on the added cost.

If it does what it says it will do, and NOT fail like many of the other lesser products on the market. Can we REALLY say it is to expensive?

Some how all of us get sucked into the "cheaper is good enough" trap.

As for me, I set the bar high for the products I sell. If the customer can not, or will not, see the value in that let them take a walk.

You need to realize that one failure of substrate will get you bad wrapped a DOZEN TIMES in the market place. One good job done well may lead to only one satisfied customer. But they will come back.

Think about this.
If a customer comes back to you and complains that your "print" fell of the wall, or is curling up on the edges. How much time will you spend

1. Explaining what went wrong?
2. How you are going to fix it?
3. Who is going to pay for the mistake?

By using the usual deductive power available to a turnip, you can see that the pennies saved at the beginning, {using CHEAP materials} are going to cost you time and money in the long run. Where is the PROFIT in that?

PHOTOTEX® WORKS!!

I have even used it successfully on the outside of my truck for advertising.

regards, Bob C.

walkrite

Plastiprint tested..

First, Matt from Plastiprint is a very nice, patient guy. Matt went above and beyond sending me several samples to test. The all stuck well on flat surfaces and failed badly on the painted sheetrock in my old house. My sons room is the ultimate testing ground for these vinyl's. Many don't make it overnight on his wall. Photo-Tex sticks, of course..lol

Photo tex would most give you a hard time very small. The fabric needs larger cuts..I'd say 4 or 5 inches would be the smallest to go w/ Photo-Tex..and make sure your cutter has a fresh blade.

Hi Walkrite. Did you get a chance to try out the plastiprint or the mactac? We're also trying to find a reposition-able vinyl for small decals for kids bedrooms (in Australia which makes it harder to get vinyls). Ideally we want to print full bleed and cut straight away. With the GMI (Catalina) I noticed they now make it in 8 and 10mil. Have you tried these? How would the Photo-tex go with print and cut of smaller decals (small as 1 inch). Cheers. I'd be interested in any info you find.

Carlos

Avery’s MPI 2611 Wall Film

Has anyone experienced waves ocurring in Avery's MPI 2611 Wall Film as it cures after printing? The previous name for this media is MPI 2601. When we last printed to this product, there were none of these wave formations. Our prints are approx. 4'x4'.

Cheers,
Pure Media Sign Studio

trik

I have been using PhotoTex® for over two years, and I agree with you that it is one of the few, if any, printables that will stay where you put it.
You mentioned in an earlier reply that you didn't care for the "flat" appearance of the finished print.

We use the gloss liquid laminate made by Daige®, and get a reasonable sheen on our prints.

This is a great example of finding a product that works, then selling the customer on the added cost.

If it does what it says it will do, and NOT fail like many of the other lesser products on the market. Can we REALLY say it is to expensive?

Some how all of us get sucked into the "cheaper is good enough" trap.

As for me, I set the bar high for the products I sell. If the customer can not, or will not, see the value in that let them take a walk.

You need to realize that one failure of substrate will get you bad wrapped a DOZEN TIMES in the market place. One good job done well may lead to only one satisfied customer. But they will come back.

Think about this.
If a customer comes back to you and complains that your "print" fell of the wall, or is curling up on the edges. How much time will you spend

1. Explaining what went wrong?
2. How you are going to fix it?
3. Who is going to pay for the mistake?

By using the usual deductive power available to a turnip, you can see that the pennies saved at the beginning, {using CHEAP materials} are going to cost you time and money in the long run. Where is the PROFIT in that?

PHOTOTEX® WORKS!!

I have even used it successfully on the outside of my truck for advertising.

regards, Bob C.

I would agree, Phototex has worked very well for us. We have actually used a cold laminate (Arlon) on it as a test, the graphic has been up 6 months. We also wrapped a piece laminated around a door frame here in the shop, and taken it ona nd off several times to show customers, it has stayed in place.

As far as the price, it really isn't that bad in my opinion. As for availablilty, Fellers seem to have it in stock all the time, we are using 3-5 rolls a month, actually just ordered our 6th this month! Lots of holiday graphics with it!

Good luck!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
The General Formulations is hands down one of the better products, they put in a print sheet in every roll that tells you what to do with the product and how to print it.

rcook99

Another vote for PHOTO TEX. I bought a roll a few weeks ago and it is awsome stuff. I have a piece outside on the window and it was in the 20's a few times since it's been up and no problems with it. I also have a few other test pieces on other surfaces and with and without lamination and so far not a single problem with any of them. I am printing them with my Canon aqueous printer.

Anything new since the first post

I am still trying to find a printable vinyl graphic material that I can print to the edge and won't curl. Has anyone tested any new or old stuff that finally work this way. I am happy to wait the 24 hrs it takes to outgas (or whatever the technical terms is).

I have a Roland versacamm using ecosol inks. Please advise.

harleyrider11

I have used about three rols of the Mactac wall Noddle, have contoured cut dead on design with good sucess, however they recommend 1/4" unprinted around design. I have put this on smooth walls, slightly rough wall as well. Smooth is the best. The biggest problem I have had is the customer getting it hame and slapping it on wall without any prep/cleaning to the wall even after i explain this process and sent directions on prep and installation. When I install I wear a non powered pair of rubber gloves, as with any vinyl you get body oil, dust, etc on it it wont stay

So you guys don't use transfer tape on your decals when sending through the mail to customers? We send pretty detailed instructions and still get the "No I didn't clean it" too, ha ha!

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I've got Mactac Wall Noodle samples available free of charge for anyone interested.

The first batch of Wall Noodle had problems with the material coming off the backing during printing.

They have now solved this problem and have a new batch of samples available.

I'm interested,
I have a roll of JarHead, and it peels where there is ink to the edge AND where there is none.
It's been repositioned once..but curled before then. PM me thanks.

I've got Mactac Wall Noodle samples available free of charge for anyone interested.

The first batch of Wall Noodle had problems with the material coming off the backing during printing.

They have now solved this problem and have a new batch of samples available.

I am interested too. What do you need from me to get a sample sent my way?

Big Blue

Just used Wall Noodle on a barricade Graphic for one of our national customers and it turned out great, printed it on a JV3... Installers really liked the product.

mshi

Oracal makes 3268 which seems to work. They recommend that you let the product outgass for 72hrs prior to lamianting and cutting, no need to leave 1/2 border.

Stooshner

Avery’s MPI 2611 Wall Film

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone experienced waves ocurring in Avery's MPI 2611 Wall Film as it cures after printing? The previous name for this media is MPI 2601. When we last printed to this product, there were none of these wave formations. Our prints are approx. 4'x4'.

Cheers,
Pure Media Sign Studio

This is what we use in our shop and so far have not had any complaints about it. I have a full printed sample applied to my wall that is only curling on the corner that gets pulled of the wall to show customers. Stuff is awesome!