Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

removing binding box, HELP

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by MobileImpact, Apr 10, 2007.

1. MobileImpact

MobileImpact Active Member

Oct 11, 2005
    I have an image (Saved as a tif, jpg and psd). I am trying to import it into flexi 7.6 and place it above another photo. Whenever I do this in any format the binding box comes across. I have used the magic wand, tryed inverting the selection etc. Image has been flattened, and not flattened. In photoshop, the binding box is not there.

Any one with ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin

Tags:
  2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    You will need to mask it.

3. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    By "binding box" do you mean the white square the bounds the image? If so, then in PhotoShop you will need to erase the background.

4. BobbyFosson

BobbyFosson Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Send me the file and I will see what I can do with it... Chance are it simply needs to be masked properly.

5. MobileImpact

MobileImpact Active Member

Oct 11, 2005
    there is no background, that's whats kinda kicking my @$$!

6. BobbyFosson

BobbyFosson Member

Feb 25, 2007
    TIF, JPG all have background... Flexi will not support a transparent background of any kind. Must be masked with a vector to remove.

7. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    You're on the right track. Use the wand in Flexi, invert selection, convert marquee to shape, place shape on top layer, select both objects, mask.

8. Kev41

Kev41 Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Hi
    guys Flexi 7.6 has a transparent wand in Bitmap menu should allow you to overlap & see whats behind the top image.

Kev

9. BobbyFosson

BobbyFosson Member

Feb 25, 2007
    The image has is a black/silber chrome image with a gray drop shadow from PhotoShop... Removing the drop shadow using the magic wand is really not possible due to the similarity of colors.

Really need the original photoshop file or spend a lot of time manually tracing the image.

10. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    all the approaches above sound logical, but another not yet mentioned that might be appropriate is to take the stuff you want in front, & bring it into photoshop. If you are dealing with any rastor image, then I'm not sure you need any other element to be vector art... so that front stuff could be compiled in photoshop, and flattened into one complete, print ready rastor image.