• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

removing binding box, HELP

MobileImpact

I have an image (Saved as a tif, jpg and psd). I am trying to import it into flexi 7.6 and place it above another photo. Whenever I do this in any format the binding box comes across. I have used the magic wand, tryed inverting the selection etc. Image has been flattened, and not flattened. In photoshop, the binding box is not there.

Any one with ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin

threeputt

By "binding box" do you mean the white square the bounds the image? If so, then in PhotoShop you will need to erase the background.

BobbyFosson

TIF, JPG all have background... Flexi will not support a transparent background of any kind. Must be masked with a vector to remove.

thewood

You're on the right track. Use the wand in Flexi, invert selection, convert marquee to shape, place shape on top layer, select both objects, mask.

Kev41

Hi
guys Flexi 7.6 has a transparent wand in Bitmap menu should allow you to overlap & see whats behind the top image.

Kev

BobbyFosson

The image has is a black/silber chrome image with a gray drop shadow from PhotoShop... Removing the drop shadow using the magic wand is really not possible due to the similarity of colors.

Really need the original photoshop file or spend a lot of time manually tracing the image.

iSign

all the approaches above sound logical, but another not yet mentioned that might be appropriate is to take the stuff you want in front, & bring it into photoshop. If you are dealing with any rastor image, then I'm not sure you need any other element to be vector art... so that front stuff could be compiled in photoshop, and flattened into one complete, print ready rastor image.