• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reshaping Logo

SignStudent

I'm trying to figure out the best way to rework my logo so that it's longer/skinnier for certain projects. I've come up with a few examples so far. Any input would be appreciated.

The very top example is the original, untampered logo.

Attachments

• sterling.jpg
    sterling.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 138

Marlene

the top one that you have been using is the best of them. I like the way things tuck in together and create a nice shape. the other ones don't look as nice and have no personality

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I think the problem is the mixing of the fonts. With the top one the size difference is enough to overlook this problem. When placed inline they compete with one another and look out of place. Maybe differentiate them more with something like the attached

Attachments

• sterling.jpg
    sterling.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 91

SignStudent

I think the problem is the mixing of the fonts. With the top one the size difference is enough to overlook this problem. When placed inline they compete with one another and look out of place.

Yeah the fonts just do not mix well together when in line at all but I'm also not fond of separating them like that either. I don't feel like the Sterling side works when it stands alone like that.

Signmeup I considered doing what you suggested as well but 1) I was a bit worried about changing the logo to much by changing fonts and 2) I don't really like the way the font looks for every word. However, I decided to work it up anyway and think I probably do like it better than the alternatives so far.

Attachments

• SterlingLong2.jpg
    SterlingLong2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 80

wildside

if you are stuck on that concept...... i think the vector doc above nailed a good approach to your issue

Craig Sjoquist

I like the 2nd from top and very bottom one which reads best, the last one posted of all the same font looks nice but ya fall asleep looking at it, not good to me, a 2nd panel might help but a think a fad might achieve the same effect.

Marco

Mannnnn long name. Sorry all, I don't like anyone of these. I'll give it a shot soon as tomorrow. Bit more time to study this approach.

Marco

cdr blue is looking blue in cdr, looking aqua when I post. I say make that circle a shimmering sterling silver puppy.

Marco

No offense taken, u guys rule; awesome pros here. Sterling silver... no gun here, just a thought. Still needs refinement. Font, and color required, just the idea of circular graphic instead of squares.
Sterling2.jpg