• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Resizing Vector Images In corel X3

zerogravity

I am having trouble trying to resize vector images in corel X3. If anyone has any input it would be great thanks.....

OldPaint

????? what is not doing?
corel handles vectorsthe best of any.
if it is a VECTOR IMAGE.
need more info on what seems to be the problem.

zerogravity

how do you for example: make certain size say 6''x8'' print that size? Every time i resize it in corel x3 in different sizes it comes out the same size. What r u using to determin the final cutting size?

Craig Sjoquist

while in coel X3 ....new> change to feet or inches or >change size of page to what ever > 6"x8" or larger make a box > print >to whatever printer

Or are you talking about customer hands you whatever and you need to change or do something else

font crazy

signage

If you want to just size an object and print/plot it to size and not worry about the page size then you have to tell corel to just use selection and you have to have the object selected!

zerogravity

ok we r newbies. we r playing with clipart at the moment. We have cut some stuff already just for fun. Now we r trying to resize some of the clipart to cut at different sizes. How do we do this? Every time we resize some thing and go to cut it, it cuts it at the orginal size.

Jackpine

Grab a corner and drag it diagonally until you get the six you want......or just select the object and enter the size you want on the property bar in the box. Make sure the "lock" is lock so you get the correct size. Save the file. I am guessing you are exporting it to the bridge cutting program that came with your cutter. The image can be resized in that program as well. Did you get a manual with CorelX3? If not ....try the "HELP" tab, top right, for all kinds of information.
I am having trouble trying to resize vector images in corel X3. If anyone has any input it would be great thanks.....

zerogravity

I,ve tried everything. the scale tells me one thing then cuts in a anotherer. I can send it to my printer and it is right. But once I send it to my cutter it end up being huge. Please help.

Jackpine

What printer and what cutter are you using? Are you cutting from the bridge program that came with your cutter?
I,ve tried everything. the scale tells me one thing then cuts in a anotherer. I can send it to my printer and it is right. But once I send it to my cutter it end up being huge. Please help.

Flame

You're doing something weird. That's about the simplest function in Corel.

Enter in dimensions, and boom. You're done. I'd also like to know which cutter and cut program you're using.

zerogravity

I am using graphtec ce5000-60 with coral x3 and cocut pro. I can resize it in corel no prob. is even the same size when i transfer to cocut it just cuts insanely large. none of the sizes are remotely close to the size in coral or cocut. But if i just print the image it is exactly the right size.

Flame

I am using graphtec ce5000-60 with coral x3 and cocut pro. I can resize it in corel no prob. is even the same size when i transfer to cocut it just cuts insanely large. none of the sizes are remotely close to the size in coral or cocut. But if i just print the image it is exactly the right size.

Assuming this is your first time using Corel and CoCut, try looking around in CoCut for a feature that makes your image bigger or smaller. Meaning, you can actually change the size of your cut image in CoCut, no matter what the size in Corel is. You might have it at 200%.... who knows. I'd check out CoCut, as it doesn't seem to be a Corel problem now....

zerogravity

Just want to say thanks so far for every ones replies. I don't know whats going on but it is frustrating. We r trying to cut small stuff just for practice. For example 5''x5''. Well no suck luck. Corel says 5''x5'' Cocut says 5''x5'' and everything cuts between 12''-20''. So far nothing but a bunch of wasted vinyl. Corel & Cocut both say 100%. Can any one tell us what the heck is going on?

Techman

Corel & Cocut both say 100%. Can any one tell us what the heck is going on?

It is not a corel and cocut problem. It is operator problem.
Corel and cocut pro will do exactly as it is told to do. Cocut does not change anything sent to it from corel unless the operator changes settings.

Look at the machine settings or look at what your design size.
And make sure you are working with vectors only. Cheap clip art has hidden boundries around it that will mame a mess. Make sure you do not have some stray box or outline around your vectors.

I say post your file so an expert can look at it. That eliminates the guessing.