• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Restaurant Logo Assignment

Jillbeans

Logo will need to be used on everything from the main sign, to the menu, printed on glassware, t-shirts for sale, newspaper ads bizcards you name it.

Client is a middle-aged man and his wife who have decided to retire and open up a little fondue place in the heart of their small town, in a 1930s building that is part of a block and surrounded by two other storefronts. He wants something "earthy" yet she wants something "fun". Of course neither one knows what they want, really. They are open to any color combos or styles. Their budget is about $500 just for the logo.

Name of the place is:
Fred's Funky Fondue

(Just in case anyone is bored and wants to play)

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Can you up the budget a bit, no way I'm designing a logo for a cat who just spend 150k on a building 250k on equipment, furniture, and an interior designer just to have him chump out on a logo... I want to retire too someday and open up my own fondue place!

Bigdawg

Just Me
Ahhhh... but this is a real-world assignment Rick...

It's all about cheaping out on the graphics now-a-days...

Joe Diaz

Can you up the budget a bit, no way I'm designing a logo for a cat who just spend 150k on a building 250k on equipment, furniture, and an interior designer just to have him chump out on a logo... I want to retire too someday and open up my own fondue place!

:clapping:

S

scarface

IMO $500 is $500 guys. Hell if i would turn it down.

I hope to one day get a shop and ask to up a $500 budget for a logo design...From what i have seen around here, other shops charge $600 for a wrap design but could be the different areas.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay....................................

...........so I stole it, but for $500.... it ain't worth anymore than this. I already have 7 minutes in it.

frank fondue.jpg

:Big Laugh

rjpjr

Hmmmm... in my neck of the woods, "Funky" or "Funk' can frequently be used in conjunction with a bad oder or something dirty or unsanitary. :doh:
Perhaps the customer should reconsider the name while they still have the opportunity to change it.
....maybe Fred's Fondue Factory or Fred's Fabulous Fondue or ?

Rick

Where I am from, funky is goooood....

I played a little... but I am charging 1500...

Attachments

• freds funky.jpg
    freds funky.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 346

Rick

Yea but you did this so quick I'll only pay $250.00! Take it or leave it!:doh:

Well, it's kinda too late, you see, I got a 50% deposit already, you have another option or 2 and there is a presentation to show the process that was included in that price to show that the logo did not just drop out of my butt...

(of course, this one did just drop out of my butt)

:ROFLMAO:

signgal

wish i had time to work on this... i'm seeing tie dye and hippy flourescent daisies personally... and i can't believe i'm saying this (because i secretly lust his work) but i don't like your design Rick. no, did i say that, just kidding, i love it all ... no really... maybe that was harsh ....

Todd-sta

I'm liking that Rick... is the Fondue pot Olive Green? I haven't seen a Fondue pot since the 70's.:Cool 2:

Works out even nice in your exterior sign version.

Border

The only reason Rick was able to knock that our so quick is because the main part of it is a circle....and we all know he's the go-to guy for circles!

Really nice design Rick!

Rick

Hey, I'm certified!

Todd, that color was more terra-cotta, my attempt at keeping it "earthy"

I did play with Olive Green... then I got carried away...

Attachments

• funky fondue sign.jpg
    funky fondue sign.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 334

gnatt66

i love seeing/reading/watching people that are in tune with their craft just produce without fail. great idea, Rick....wow.