• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Restraunts menu

showcase 66

sorry forgot to upload the image. :doh:

Attachments

• Redinside.jpg
    Redinside.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 83

Gino

Premium Subscriber
thanks for the advice guys. I have some different ideas i am going to present to the client this morning. I was up forever reading more about menus and found an article about neuromarketing with restaurants. Some of the biggest changes they make to peoples menu is taking away the $ sign and leaving an even number. Instead of $7.99 you should just use 8. Most people see the $ sign and it will already stress them out but a number is just a number. They also said you should get rid of .99 in all your sale prices. It used to be a good thing but more and more, people are seeing it as deceitful. I have the link saved on my home computer so if i remember i will try and post it tonight.

I agree on that. The big bubba, the redneck's on top of the menu board on pic 3, and the guy in the bottom right corner were all painted on the original menu. I talked them out of using it on their t-shirts but havent talked them into taking it off the menu.

their food is really good and the big bubba is their number 1 seller.

not sure where exactly your talking about. i think you are talking about the welcom to part. If that is it, that was painted on the menu board and they wanted it on the menu.
redneck menu.jpg

showcase 66

I have talked them into taking that off of their menu board gino. I didnt really like that on there to begin with but they wanted to keep it at first.

Marlene

the revised version works so much better! when people read a menu, they need to be able to run their eyes down a column to find what they want and how much. the first version made people look all over the place to find anything which isn't good. nice re-do! menu boards are such a pain to layout!

"Deposit Please"

A weird spot for the map. It just looks lost or misplaced in the menu. I would move it over to where the address is on the Bottom/right side. Otherwise, looks good.

Sign_Boy

Post #13 is better.
I would line some stuff up and you'll be good to go
See attached

Attachments

• RedNeck.jpg
    RedNeck.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 88

showcase 66

Thanks guys. This is what I just showed them. They really love it. We are going to add some more descriptive wording in some areas. Under the map on the outside of the menu. We are going to put some pix of their shirts and hats they have for sale. At least that is the plan. They will have something else in mind when I meet with them again I am sure. Again thanks for the input.

Attachments

• out.jpg
    out.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 70
  • in.jpg
    in.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 71

cgsigns_jamie

Looks much better!!!

(I would invert the colors of the map though. The white box looks like it was just added as an after thought.)

showcase 66

Is that supposed to say 'Dive In' or Drive In?

Supposed to be Dive In. It works for them.

I'd modify the capital I. i don't think it reads well, but that was probably my arteries hardening !!

Not sure what I your talking about. I think the I in pit. I had it originally with the top and bottom crossed but they didnt like it when I did their logo a couple years ago.

Firefox

This looks MUCH better.

I assume this is going to be a tri fold menu. Make sure you fold down a dummy sample to ensure that the finished panels are centered when folded.

The gutters between each galley or panel of type need to be double the size of the left and right margin otherwise the panels will be off center when it is folded. Also you might take into consideration that the panel folded to the inside will be slightly smaller than the back and front cover... This is necessary so it will machine fold without dog ear-ing the inside panel. Of course I'm not too sure the Rednecks will notice any of this.

This menu reminds me of my HOG.

Attachments

• FLHTCUSE.jpg
    FLHTCUSE.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 81

JR's

the revised version works so much better! when people read a menu, they need to be able to run their eyes down a column to find what they want and how much. the first version made people look all over the place to find anything which isn't good. nice re-do! menu boards are such a pain to layout!

:thumb: :thumb: :goodpost:

JR

striper14

Not sure what I your talking about. I think the I in pit. I had it originally with the top and bottom crossed but they didnt like it when I did their logo a couple years ago.

I meant that the capital I in the font in the yellow headers, like 'LUNCH SPECIALS', doesn't read well to me. It looks more like a squashed J or something. Just my OP
cheers