• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reverse wound laminate?

bayviewsignworks

I'm using a GBC 40" laminator. I had been using Oracal laminate which comes reverse wound (good). The material travels in right direction as it comes out; as in it rotates in the direction in samr direction as the material exits. So when I switched to 3M (great stuff and awesome to apply) it is regular wound (bad). It jams up on exit as the roller rotates against the direction of the material. Plus when I stop it creates a little air bubble all the way across; something I don't get with Oracal. So, any tips? I'm using a piece of cardboard with my hand going through the opening in the rollers to assist the material as it comes out. It still jams sometimes though.

anotherdog

I use laminates wound both ways, it makes no difference (including oracal and 3M). are you sure you have the tension set up correctly on your laminator feed?

petepaz

I use laminates wound both ways, it makes no difference (including oracal and 3M). are you sure you have the tension set up correctly on your laminator feed?

we do the same here you just have to change the way you attach to the take up real but no difference in the way the machine works. must be an adjustment/setting to correct

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Same here as well and we are also using a GBC. Arctic Titan 165 but from what I've seem most GBC laminators are setup about the same.

bayviewsignworks

Yeah, I mean the backing material comes off correctly and it feeds fine. It's just when it comes out it wants to lift and hit the feed roll as it feeds off the "bottom" of the roll. It has even sucked back into the roller which is a pain to get it un stuck. "...makes no difference" do you mean it rolls out the back with no problems?