• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rogue Roller

Letterbox Mike

I'll just throw my 2cents in here... This year we plan on expanding and doubling our production space, primarily to add additional equipment. One of the things on our list to buy is the RogueRoller. From an application standpoint, yes, a laminator works fine, but it is inefficient, wastes space and introduces the very real possibility for stretching the graphic. The stretching may not be the end of the world on single-sided applications, but there are times when it will kill you on a double-sided graphic.

Another huge benefit I see to this is the assembly of multi-layered translucent prints. Again, stretching will make or break this through a laminator, I can see this eliminating or greatly reducing the headache caused by this.

Even having never used this machine, I've been keeping an eye on it and the Rolls Roller for a while and there's not a day that goes by that this would not make our lives significantly easier.

Great product you have here, hopefully we'll be doing business soon!

Christian @ 2CT Media

Rouge:
Is the top surface safe for cutting? We are interested in getting these to replace our cutting tables but are worried about damaging the top.

Have you thought of making a larger model like 5' x 10' or 6' x 12'?

RogueRoller

2CT Media:
We make only a 5x10 to keep cost down.
Making bigger and smaller units means more manufacturing space and more employees.
If the small or bigger unit comes up short in sales it effects the price of another unit to make up for lost cost.

We found most shops work in the 5' Wide and under when it come to material. this being said our machine wins hands down. Our machine is not a prefect fit for all shops by no means. There are days we recommend the Rolls Roller More then our own unit. there are times it is just a better fit.

When it comes to the cutting surface It is 1/2 inch glass surfs and we find a lot of clients moving into the ceramic cutting Blades. Then there are some that love the Gator mats.

RogueRoller

Insignia:
Thank you for your support on the Product and on the idea of a Application Table.
No matter what company you decide to purchase from I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

In the off chance that you are, you would be the first I have ever heard of from my company or any of my competitors.

Plus out of all the Equipment out on the market you would be hard pressed to find a used application table. That should tell one looking for equipment a lot about the application table process.

RogueRoller

2CT MEDIA:
You can score glass with a typical Xacto or Olfa 9mm utility knife over time.
this does not seem to effect the tables Performing its duties. Just that most Shops like to protect the look of there investment.

It is a lot like buying a new car and parking it in the garage. You wash it with new cleaning materials instead of parking it out side and washing it with a old crusty shop towel.

You can put a cutting mat on top and it will preform all of its functions in perfect form.

We would include a mat but shops have different preferences when it comes to cutting mats.

We found it just to be easier to have them supply there own mats.

Then we have shops that don't cut at all on the table and find it to be a added cost they did not need. Not easy to store being the size of 5x10 mat if you don't need it.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
speedpress.com sells a clear self-healing cutting mat. I purchased one years ago for my DIY 4x8 cutting table. Since it's clear it would be a good fit for this illuminated table and they offer a 5x10 and many other sizes.

RogueRoller

2CT Media:
You are welcome feal free to ask any questions have.

briankb:
Thank you for your recommendation on the cutting mat.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I have some idea that would make this the ultimate table for us:

1:) Add a media roll holder to the table. This can be used to hold roll graphics for cutting, manipulating, masking, etc.

2:) Add a Gantry Cross Cutter. This can used to hold to cut down panels of blade cuttable material like PVC, foam core, coro, or vinyl. Plus you have the added benefit of a weighted roller keeping your media aligned.

phototec

$3k for the bench, casters, linear bearings, rails - all ready to assemble(cut, tapped, etc.) with shipping.

Laminator parts not included in that price.

Our production area is on the 2nd floor so I wanted to be able to assemble it.

It has a 5' x 12' work surface and the rails extend 2' from each side. I'll post more pics tomorrow.

You'll notice some familiar parts in my photo. :smile:

I'm in the process of redoing the gantry but artbot's comment inspired me to post how ours looks right now.

...and yes, I realize the moisture trap is upside down. :)

Very nice job, I'm impressed!

Ok, you got me thinking, now I want to make one.

So, were do you get the extruded Alum. frame parts and linear bearings?

Were do you get the roller assembly?

:thankyou:

RogueRoller

cg-signs:
Sorry to say that our company booth was not going to be ready in time for us to attend.
However we do plane to attend the NBM Show in long Beach this Summer.
Hope to be at both shows next Year plus more.

RogueRoller

2CT Media:
Our latest Model now has a media holder at one end of the table.
As for the gantry cross cutter we also have this as a extra option on our latest model.

(Not every one wants a lot of add-on. Not everyone has a uses for them.)

We are always open to adding more devices to our table to better our table and ones needs.

Last edited:

RogueRoller

2CT Media:
After posting that reply. I feel I may be getting close to a Gray Zone here.
I am here to answer questions on Application Tables not to try to sale the Unit inside the public forum.

Is there any more Questions from anyone?

I felt I needed to participate mainly to help with the misconception and the advantages of Application Tables in general.

MakeMyGraphic

Haha the first sign place I ever worked for had a giant roller like that they used to handcrank to completely make sure their transfer tape was flat...I was the one who showed them how to use it like that first video and everyone was amazed... but seriously.... when you are trying to save time and be more efficient things just make sense.

work smart not hard :)

Christian @ 2CT Media

You just sold us completely on the idea of a app table! If we can speed up the process of production and finishing and have it all in one package that eliminates the need of another warm body for the time being.

If only you could add a banner hem machine to it It would be a one tool army!

RogueRoller

2CT Media:
LOL There are days I wish our forklift would pivot like a excavator. Plus pick up from both ends to carry more product. It just gives us something to dream about I guess.

RogueRoller

MakeMyGraphic:
I find a lot of shops do this at first. They fear the roller is going to rack by just pulling the gantry from one side, there in creating wrinkles. So out of fear they do what they know in there mind will work best. In most cases they roll the roller by hand. Its really great to see them the first time they use the machine in the way it was intended. Just the look on there face is priceless. LOL