• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Flatbed coming

adamfilip

I was at the Consac Show last weekend and talked to the Roland Rep and he told me that they were going to release there first uv Flatbed early next year..

hope its true and I hope its good!

SignManiac

I heard the same rumor five years ago. Maybe after waiting this long, they'll get to market with a reliable, affordable machine.

Letterbox Mike

I heard the same thing and it only prints up to 3mm thick material.

That would be one of the dumbest things a company could do. That eliminates the ability to print on foamcore and coroplast which probably accounts for well over 50% of what would be printed on them in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised, I've seen Roland do some strange things here and there so it wouldn't surprise me.

petepaz

i heard the rumor also but no specs where offered in this rumor
we have been happy with their print cut machines
let's see what they could do in the flatbed market

Jack Knight1979

I love all my roland equipment. I'll be buying this if the price is right. The thing will run from VW just like everything else. I love the all inclusive-ness of Roland products.

cdiesel

Hey! I like Rolands and HPs! :)

I wouldn't be surprised if Roland went and did something weird like a 3mm flatbed. Look at the Mutoh...

DRamm76

What is correct? I was told that by a vendor who sells 100's of Rolands each year. Of course they are in the process of selling me my 2nd HP.

Ever hear the expression "Dont count on it till it's in the hand"?
Don't sweat the rumors. Leave them to be rumors until it's official. Meaning simply this: Unless you hear specs that come from Roland themselves don't go assuming the machine has or doesn't have certain features. You'll pysch yourself out.

I'm not denying nor confirming any of the rumors..All I'm saying is that should this be true, let Roland release the specs themselves, I'm sure they'll do a great job

HulkSmash

That would be one of the dumbest things a company could do. That eliminates the ability to print on foamcore and coroplast which probably accounts for well over 50% of what would be printed on them in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised, I've seen Roland do some strange things here and there so it wouldn't surprise me.

^ what he said.

The Equipment Guy

Hey Adam...if you were at Consac, why didn't you stop by and see me? lol.

I have heard about the new Roland as well, we operate as a sub-distributor for a dealer here and I have heard that Roland is really trying to aim for the "everything to everybody" scenario, if this is the case, I cannot imagine only 3mm. I did hear that the height was going to be limited, but not to anything that shocked me. Wish I could remember the number...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Height is one thing, but about the weight and method for substrates to travel...... vacuum, belt, pinchers, hybrid or true flatbed ?? UV or type of ink and will it work on flexible surfaces and still remain on the surface without becoming too brittle or non-conforming ??

The ink is the most crucial part of the equation.