• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland general questions???

kustom.printing

Just a couple of quick questions.

How do I get print a status sheet for example how long the printer has been used.

I haven't seen the printer wake up from sub power mode and do a clean yet, is there anyway of making shore everything is fine with the schedule as I worry because it is a new machine.

Is leaving a 25m media roll loaded a bad idea or just for extended periods, like a few months.

Also on the test print I tried a normal clean but still 2 bars are missing on Magenta any idea or is this ok.

I have sorted it out now, does this happen even alot???

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w270/SHAUNP505050/IMG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

B Snyder

If the end caps are installed in the media is should be fine. If the roll is sitting directly on the rollers I'd expect it to be deformed after a few months.
If the pinch rollers are locked down on the media for a few months I'd expect them to develop flat spots.

Bigdawg

Just Me
My tech said to skip the powerful cleans in favor of 2 mediums... Powerful clean uses so much ink and that test print doesn't seem to need it.. I'd do a medium clean and then another if needed.

kustom.printing

Do the test prints always need to be 100%??

Also what do you guys do about loading the machine, it would be much easier to leave the pinch rollers down, do you load it up ever day???

I did try to bring the vinyl out and then wind it back when ready to use although I found it crumpled the vinyl.

Thanks for your time guy's

Bigdawg

Just Me
I try not to leave my materials sitting in the machine, but I'm guilty of it on Fridays when i just want to get out of there.

I change up materials a lot during the day so they rotate regularly anyway.

futuredcon

Don't leave The MEDIA in the machine for too long.The pinch rollers are consumables and they will wear a lot quicker if you do this thus leading to off tracking when you are printing because of the wear on the rollers will lead to skew will lead to bad print jobs.
Take the MEDIA out and store it as per the manufactors guidelines this will ensure you get good printing results or it will as you say "it crumpled the vinyl"

trik

We will leave the media in if it is something we know we are going to be using the next day, but we do lift the rollers up every evening. Shaun did you get any training with your new machine? I am just curious as our training period was heavily emphasized on maintenance. This is the place to get answers as well, obviously. Just hate to see people spend money on training and not get what they should have.

Ken

Dont leave the pinch rollers down..it is really not a big deal..except..you should not do that. Check the schedule of the ink recharge..I think it is 24 hours..maybe 28..it doesnt happen at the same time every day...BUT..make sure that is working..the machine needs to be powered up all the time...a battery back up is useful.
Cheers!
Ken

TresL

Never leave pinch rollers down for a long time.
The will flat spot.

I leave media in overnight, but NEVER leave the rollers down.

If your not sure, empty the waste bottle and check it the next day.

kustom.printing

Do you get bad test prints and have to do normal cleans???

I don't have the first test print but as you can see from the 2nd one it was a bit worse.

I have only had the printer for 4 days and have printed around 5 meters of full high quality colour.

I am leaving the machine around 12hrs at night and the periodic clean at 990min.

I don’t understand it as if it had bad print heads why would it always get back to normal and then the next day return to bad and so on.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w270/SHAUNP505050/Testprint.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Juggernaut

The test prints do not have to be 'perfect' before you can begin printing. Nozzle-outs or nozzle deflections (where the bars are not printing completely uniform) are acceptable, as long as there are not too many. 1 or 2 nozzle-outs should not affect the overall quality of the output.

A large quantity of nozzle-outs or cross-contamination (seeing remnants of one color printing in another color's bar) requires a printer cleaning to be initiated.

The test print will make 2 passes so what looks like a problem with 4 nozzles in the image above is really only a problem with 2 nozzles.

You should perform a test print every morning before beginning printing (which it sounds like you are doing) and a weekly manual cleaning of the printheads, capping stations, and wipers.

kustom.printing

Does anyone know the amount of ink used for the different cleaning methods?

Also if you are printing does it reset the periodic clean for example if the timer had 30 min left and you star printing does the schedule reset to 990min.

synergy_jim

powerful cleans are a waste. You are much better of running mediums a couple of times.

I don't see any issues with your heads either.... a few nozzles dropping out is normal.

kustom.printing

I just didn't realize if there was 1 or 2 it would be fine, I thought that I would be forever doing head cleans to get them perfect.

Thank you for your quick response guys :thumb: