• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Intelligent Pass Control Upgrade Available for the VP-300 & 540

InkjetAuction

Roland has announced a free Pure Print Performance upgrade for the VP-series. Includes a firmware upgrade and an upgrade to VersaWorks 3.1.1

So what's the upside?
  1. Roland Intelligent Pass Control (RIPC) is the same inkdrop technology found in the SOLJET PRO III series and the new VersaArt printers. Gives you MUCH better gradients and solids... nearly band-free at even the highest-print speeds.
  2. New media feed calibration test... shows the result of mutiple-settings in one line. Saves time and wasted media.
  3. VersaWorks upgrade includes many new profiles to use the new RIPC technology
  4. Faster print speeds.... upto 80% faster on some media.
You have to go through the Roland website to verify your warranty status, so have your serial number handy.

It will become available for download tomorrow 2/5... but you can try it now.

http://www.rolanddga.com/color/products/printcut/ppp09/

I have not upgraded the VP machines in my showroom, but have spent alot of time with the XC and RS machines running RIPC at high-speed and billboard speeds. Very impressive.

~E

Mainframe

Thanks Inkjet I will grab it in the am, I guess my awesome printer will go up one notch on the awesome chart! I have a VP540

Replicator

I fill out all the crap and hit continue and then I get this BULL$h!t . . .

Both in Firefox and Internet Exploder . . .

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 217

Bigdawg

Just Me
Can't try from here... don't have serial number. But the installer in the background says SOLJET PROIII not VP540

Screenanator

But in the orig. post it also says it wont be available til 2/5 which is tom.....give it til tom morning and try again.

Replicator

The Link is wrong, it's for the XC upgrade, the correct link will be posted today at some point according to Roland !

Replicator

Roland has just updated to link on their website to the correct firmware update for all you VP owners . . . WhooHoo !

You must still follow the link and the steps provided in Post #1 of this thread . . . My printer is twice as fast now . . . !