• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Printing Posters?

vectorterrorist

I have a Roland VP 540 and I have a customer that would like us to print him some posters for his Motorcycle organization amnd campaign. They will be hung up in bars throughout the state. Anyway When I got my printer I got my roland media book that shows what it can print on...my question is there someone out there who has printed posters with this type of printer and maybe share some pointers like whats the best media and setting for this type of ap?

thanks

let know if you are able to do this (if I have to sub it out)

StreamlineDesign

We got a free roll of the Roland glossy photo paper when we got our VP540. We have printed some 3' x 4' posters. They look great! The paper is not as glossy as what you would think. I would call it satin, but that was ok actually.

petepaz

We got a free roll of the Roland glossy photo paper when we got our VP540. We have printed some 3' x 4' posters. They look great! The paper is not as glossy as what you would think. I would call it satin, but that was ok actually.

yeah what he said
we actually got a whole crap load of free material when we bought our rolands
but paper is ok if you want something a staronger more durable the pos pro is good

SOA

We print a few posters every month for 1 customer,we use a satin paper that will last 3months outside un-laminated,it only costs about £1.60 per metre I think. The prints always come out nice to,we use a profile from the supplier.

signpro

Manager
I use Neschen satin paper, # NES6025065
i like it the most on my Roland. tried all the samples, and this one impressed me the most, so i bought another roll.

vectorterrorist

Thanks for the responses everyone. the poster paper I'm looking for is going to be a thinner type (the like a little thicker than th media used for magaines?)

Mainframe

I have been printing some smaller posters on banner material, they came out really good, the customers loved them & got compliments on them, I just put 2 grommets up top, thought I would mention it

1banner

x2 for Intelicoat, their products works great on our Mimaki...It's an 'SIJ" (solvent ink jet) should work fine on your Roland.:thumb:

joeshaul

I've used Roland's SGP (Solvent Glossy Paper), as well as the "PrismJet Glossy Photo Paper" from Signwarehouse, which is actually made by Sihl, both work really well and give great results.

I haven't used any of Intellicoat's materials for posters except their backlit SBL-7 media and it does its job well, it's a matted material but just did some with a glossy laminate over it and looks great.

adamfilip

Ive actually been printing on Glossy banner.. as its more tear resistant and ok if it gets wet. and depending on the material. isnt much different in price

signpro

Manager
^ agreed. banner isnt much more, there are lots of cheap cheap banner materials out there that will hold up and look just fine for what you're doing. probably hold up better than a poster, and cost the same or less than even a decent-good paper.

We sell a lot of GMI paper for the poster customers, it seems to work well, good quality, and prints very nicely for the price. You may try laminating with an economy matte laminate for extended durability.

Signs Express

We run a lot of the Roland Solvent Glossy Paper. Like some others said... it is more of a satin finish. It images very well, even at high speed. It does take a little while to dry with heavy ink loads.

Velocity

We have switched to Sihl for our paper products.
check out the 3689, we use it for all our posters and paper signage
Standard ESM-SGP seems to work fine for us.