Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Roland SP540i wont print after changing the DX4 Print heads

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by DanielC, Nov 15, 2019.

1. DanielC

DanielC New Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Melbourne Australia
    I recently bought 2 DX4 print heads and followed the instructions in the manual to fit them.
    However once fitted the heads do not print, it is as if they do not recieve a signal from the printer to print, they are filled with ink and when cleaning cycle runs the ink does come out, this noted as I left them for a while and I can see the catch bottle has ink in from the cleaning cycles.
    I cannot find a technician that is prepared to help me with out selling me a new printer saying that these old printers are not worth fixing, does any one know how I can test the heads, the ribbons or other parts to see if the heads are faulty or if it is some other electronic fault etc.
    I did not however write down the old head numbers before removing them from service so I cannot put them back in.
    Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Tags:
  2. Rick Tennyson

Rick Tennyson Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Mid-South
    fuses?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  3. Rick Tennyson

Rick Tennyson Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Mid-South
    Did you remove the ac cord from the machine before removing anything?

4. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    First thing I would check is the fuses on the main board.

5. Alistair1

Alistair1 New Member

Mar 6, 2019
    New Zealand
    Yes fuses are the likely culprit. And/or cables. If you have bent or broken a ribbon cable termination (very easily done) then this will cause the fuse to blow. Hopefully it has not taken out the main board.

6. C5 Service&Repair

C5 Service&Repair Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    Definitely fuses. Unfortunately they are soldiered on the mainboard on the SP.

7. Creative Dept

Creative Dept New Member

May 19, 2015
    Australia
    Hi Daniel,
    I'm having the same issue. Did you have any luck fixing the problem? I replaced the manifold on my H1 Blk / Cyan and had it printing but after running cleaning fluid through the lines & refilling inks this is what I'm getting via test print... its doing weird stuff, first test image is yesterday and second is this morning...

Attached Files: