• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Roland SP540i wont print after changing the DX4 Print heads

DanielC

I recently bought 2 DX4 print heads and followed the instructions in the manual to fit them.
However once fitted the heads do not print, it is as if they do not recieve a signal from the printer to print, they are filled with ink and when cleaning cycle runs the ink does come out, this noted as I left them for a while and I can see the catch bottle has ink in from the cleaning cycles.
I cannot find a technician that is prepared to help me with out selling me a new printer saying that these old printers are not worth fixing, does any one know how I can test the heads, the ribbons or other parts to see if the heads are faulty or if it is some other electronic fault etc.
I did not however write down the old head numbers before removing them from service so I cannot put them back in.
Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Alistair1

Yes fuses are the likely culprit. And/or cables. If you have bent or broken a ribbon cable termination (very easily done) then this will cause the fuse to blow. Hopefully it has not taken out the main board.

Creative Dept

I recently bought 2 DX4 print heads and followed the instructions in the manual to fit them.
However once fitted the heads do not print, it is as if they do not recieve a signal from the printer to print, they are filled with ink and when cleaning cycle runs the ink does come out, this noted as I left them for a while and I can see the catch bottle has ink in from the cleaning cycles.
I cannot find a technician that is prepared to help me with out selling me a new printer saying that these old printers are not worth fixing, does any one know how I can test the heads, the ribbons or other parts to see if the heads are faulty or if it is some other electronic fault etc.
I did not however write down the old head numbers before removing them from service so I cannot put them back in.
Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Hi Daniel,
I'm having the same issue. Did you have any luck fixing the problem? I replaced the manifold on my H1 Blk / Cyan and had it printing but after running cleaning fluid through the lines & refilling inks this is what I'm getting via test print... its doing weird stuff, first test image is yesterday and second is this morning...

Attachments

• IMG_3151.JPG
    IMG_3151.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 268
  • IMG_3157.JPG
    IMG_3157.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 244

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
Before jumping into fuses and electrical issues (The Rabbit hole) make sure you have ink through the print head. Replace the cap, put the heads in the home position and then pull ink with a syringe. Once you get a healthy amount of ink in the syringe, put the cap hose back on the pump and do a medium clean. Then test. Most in drop out , even after a head replace is because of ink flow and not an electrical issue. Usually.