Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland vs 640 Ink Configuration

Discussion in 'Roland' started by digitoyz, Jan 15, 2013.

1. digitoyz

digitoyz New Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Hello, I'm looking for the service manual for Roland VS-640. I need to change Ink configuration from metallics to CMYK CMYK and as far I know it can be done through service mode.

2. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    tech

I have it, they are big files, shoot me your email or FTP address

3. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    Hey mate, what are you going to do to cleanse the lines? what about the firmware?

4. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    +1

will have flush EVERYTHING if not replace the lines with new ones and then reconfigure VW.

5. digitoyz

digitoyz New Member

Jan 15, 2013
    There should be no problem with it, I spoken with Roland guy few months ago and I've been told that it's just few thinks to do, flush all lines,replace dampers, change ink mode and we're live again... The only problem Roland guy is moved down UK so I need support for Service Mode.

6. DRamm76

DRamm76 Member

May 17, 2007
    bombs away

7. scuba_steve2699

scuba_steve2699 Member

Dec 11, 2006
    this is gonna be fun to watch :)

8. skarya001

skarya001 New Member

Oct 5, 2011
    I am also planning to change my VS640 to dual CMYK. And I guess it is pretty straight forward. My email address is world.focus@mweb.co.za

Please email me a copy of the service manual

much appreciated

9. Dinho

Dinho New Member

Feb 28, 2013
    someone did? I am also to change my VS640 to dual CMYK.

My email address is bemfacil27@yahoo.com.br

Please email me a copy of the service manual

Thank you

10. msquraishi

msquraishi New Member

Sep 7, 2009
    I would really appreciate if someone could mail this to me too, I have been tryin to do this for a wahile! my email address is:

msquraishi@hotmail.com

Thanks a ton!

11. Papajo

Papajo Member

Apr 4, 2013
    France
    You wont find any procedure in the service note to change ink configuration as it is forbidden and undocumented by Roland. I've never performed an ink replacement on a VS but I would proceed like this :

The only thing you need is to go into service mode, remove all the cartridges and perform a Service Menu > Sub Menu > Pump Up to purge the ink lines (empty drain bottle first).

If you want to clean the ink lines you will need to load the machine with solvent cartridges and pump them through the machine using Service Menu > Sub Menu > Fill Ink (you can stop pumping anytime by hitting the four arrows at the same time), don't forget to empty the drain bottle before as you will pump crazy volumes of fluid.

Then again you can remove cartridges and purge the solvent with Service Menu > Sub Menu > Pump Up

Then you go to Service Menu > Sub Menu > Change Inktype and select the ink configuration you want.

Finally you can load the new cartridges and fill the machine with Service Menu > Sub Menu > Fill Ink, stop whenever the 8 ink channels are filled, confirm with a test print.

You might want to do the whole thing with the machine opened so you can check the ink and solvent flowing through the pipes.

If you're picky you may change the dampers but if you've never done it before on a VS there are huge risks of spilling ink on the head and breaking it so I wouldn't advise this except if you're a trained tech.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  12. odhisteve

odhisteve New Member

May 10, 2012
    kenya
    changing roland vs-640 metalic to dual cmyk

at last did manage to covert vs-640 metalic to dual cmyk. you dont need the service manual to do it, but you have to enter the service mode to change the ink type, you will find three option, metalic, pigment 4 colour and unknown. this is where roland is trying to confuse you. you will automatically choose pigment 4,which the machine will accept but verseworks will not communicate with the machine. you must have the option of ecosolmax selected otherwise the rip will not comunicate. roland has not given this option so that you dont change. managed to get afile that you have to send to the printer to erase the memory and install the dual cmyk with all the options. if you are intrested my email address 1s odhisteve@yahoo.com. i did change the machine yesterday.

13. Rickstar

Rickstar New Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Files to change VS640

Hi, Can you please email me the file to rick@sdandp.com.au

14. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    Your name should be Spamstar, not Rickstar.

15. Rickstar

Rickstar New Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Thank you

I like Rick, and TROLL may be a suitable name for others.

16. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    We have a good Rick here, but not a good Rickstar.

Go away, or learn how to use forums correctly.

17. Rickstar

Rickstar New Member

Mar 24, 2015
    So we are calling each other names

I posted on 6 threads at most, and from 6 you jumped to 18 without me getting online, Trolling is really nice :) Have a nice day...

18. pete2803

pete2803 Member

May 16, 2015
    Birmingham UK
    Hi, i've just been reading your thread its something i'm keen to do except the other way around dual CMYK to Max WMT this option is not available in the change ink type on my machine, although its clearly had white and metallic through it at some point before I owned it, would the file you have to erase the memory and install ink type sort this out?

19. JP4

JP4 Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Georgia
    Wow...Seems a lot of folks are not liking the Met and Wht ink set up..Why are you guys wanting to change to dual CMYK?

20. pete2803

pete2803 Member

May 16, 2015
    Birmingham UK
    Not trying to go to double cmyk want to change to white and silver, have sorted it now if anyone needs to know how cheers