• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland vs 640 Ink Configuration

Beginner

Finally was able to got some time to think about colour configuration change.
Now metal has been replaced with white, but there's a cleaning cartridge still on, instead of white.
At least white printing options popped up... so... we'll see how much there's going to be some metallic in white lines...

Panchenko

help update dual cmyk

Hello,

i begin update my vs640 with metallic and white in dual cmyk, but i need the files for erase memory and install the dual cmyk.

Can you send me the file please.

my email is: remibag2@aol.com

Thank

Hello, i´ve been trying to do the same thing with my vs640i. Did you get the files to make it dual? if so, would you please let me know?

Thanks in advance.

Miftah

Hi,
Anyone successfully changed from 8 colours to dual CMYK?
I have flushed out the ink from the tube and going to replace my damaged print head.
Hence I would like to change from 8 colours white to dual CMYK.
Can anyone help me on this.

Really appreciate it.
Many thanks

Last edited:

sp00k1e

Transition from 8 to 4 color for VS640

Use peck tool to backup your machine settings. If don't know how to use peck tool just print a service report from service menu. (After all steps you will need to input all values manual)
Make a preparation and prepare inks cartiges due 2cmyk scheme. You can find it in service notes. And remember white and metallic inks are hard to flush you may need to change your print head.

1. Perform All Initialization (Up+Down+Enter+Power)
2. Perform Limit Position Initialize (Left+Up+Right + SubPower)Page 225
If the serial no of VS is ZAM3523 and above then you should change System Switch Page16 bit5 (5th bit
from the right) to 1 from the service menu before Limit Init. Firmware ver. should be 3.10 or above. If plotter stop working properly, just switch 5th bit back.
3. Perform Linear EncSetup from the sevice menu.
4. turn on the machine as usual and it will ask to select ink type. Select right color model and proceed filling ink.
5. After finishing the procedure, you should
- Input the head rank
- Input the network Ip adress
- Input the serial no again
- Input bidir default and bidir adj. values
- PrintCut adj values
- Crop Cut Adj values
- Tool press 30gf, 200 gf values
- Calib.Default value ... from the service report which you got before. Or restore all settings using peck tool.

ilir

Johnson.s.d@hotmail.com

I have a vs-540 with dual cmyk config. Id like to clear the memory and select the cmyk lm lc mt white believe thats correct, if i am off a color its whatever config has metallic and white. Please email instructions how to complete this. Mainly the memory clear procedure as the printer is fully cleaned and ready to accept the new ink colors. Thanks !
anyway i could get the file to send to the printer to clear the memory so i can select the ink config id like?

Johnson.s.d@hotmail.com
HI Drew

I am interested to convert my roland in double CMYK, can you please sent me instructions on:
ilirsekiraqa@gmail.com

robb1121

When I purchased the VS-540i we went with the metallic inks. Switched to dual CMYK a few weeks later. Here is the PDF my supplier sent me on how to do it. It required a set of cleaning cartridges as well as the foam inserts that came in the ink slots when we bought the printer. Wastes some ink, but otherwise was pretty easy.

Attachments

• VS-640 Change Inktype Procedures.pdf
    7 KB · Views: 826

cygnae

When I purchased the VS-540i we went with the metallic inks. Switched to dual CMYK a few weeks later. Here is the PDF my supplier sent me on how to do it. It required a set of cleaning cartridges as well as the foam inserts that came in the ink slots when we bought the printer. Wastes some ink, but otherwise was pretty easy.

So this was the only thing you had to do to switch inks? Nothing else? I'm done with the Light Cyan and Light Magenta inks, they're very troublesome to adjust and more to buy here in Mexico.

andrewserkov

or is that enough to change ?

splizaat

HI guys!
We just bought second VS540i to match our current one. Both are INKED the same exact way (7Color + Cleaning Cartridge), but one it set to 7Color+White and one is set to just 7Color(+Cleaning Cartridge). IN our case, we can't load the same profiles via Versaworks because of this small discrepancy. We plan to keep the cartridges exactly how they are currently, but need to swap the setting on the 7Color one to "LkW" just so it thinks it's the same configuration.

We don't actually need to re-ink or change any lines because the cartridges themselves are fine. Can anyone confirm that we can go through the attachment above that Robb1121 posted, but skip the head wash and fill ink? Just perform step 2?

nreklam

ljudi imam problem na roland vs 640. Dakle imam konfiguraciju na printeru C,M,Y, K, LC, LM, sve radi ok, test print je ok, i nakon nekog vremena izgubim crnu boju. Mjenjao sam damper nekoliko puta i nisam uspio riješiti problem.
Molim Vas sa neku pomoć.

vondegroot

HI guys!
We just bought second VS540i to match our current one. Both are INKED the same exact way (7Color + Cleaning Cartridge), but one it set to 7Color+White and one is set to just 7Color(+Cleaning Cartridge). IN our case, we can't load the same profiles via Versaworks because of this small discrepancy. We plan to keep the cartridges exactly how they are currently, but need to swap the setting on the 7Color one to "LkW" just so it thinks it's the same configuration.

We don't actually need to re-ink or change any lines because the cartridges themselves are fine. Can anyone confirm that we can go through the attachment above that Robb1121 posted, but skip the head wash and fill ink? Just perform step 2?
I'm having to do the same thing, did that work?