• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

saying goodbye

grafixemporium

The infraction you were given serves two purposes. One was to provide something that would get your attention that the rudeness you posted towards another member was just that and that we wanted you to know how we felt about it. In fairness, I will say the the OP's post was certainly worthy of being called out. Two was to provide other admins a record of the event should you continue to post in that manner. Nothing more - nothing less.

You'll notice that nothing further was done even though you responded with more rudeness and continue to do so. What I'd much rather have happen than to receive your financial support would be for you to leave the past behind and focus on being a helpful participate in this community.

Why do I feel like a 9 year old getting scolded by the teacher?

At the risk of getting re-infracted for my previous infraction... and only because I feel very strongly that my initial post was FAR from offensive to anyone here who is actually in the printing trade... and only because I know for a fact that I'm not the only member here who feels that Bradster is really the abusive one... a reenactment.

spmracing posted on 9/28/2010:
What are the best wrap printers for the cheapest price? What im trying to do is side wraps, i have a Pc-60 right now that i believe can plot, what i need is a printer that can do like 24" wide inkjet for vinyl. I no nothing about printing as i've always just cut. Any thing will help, thanks in advance.

I replied on 9/29/2010:
Not sure of the answer to your question... but maybe you can tell me what is the cheapest way I might be able to get into racing? I don't know anything about cars... or racing... hell, I don't even have a drivers license. I'd appreciate if you could point me in the direction of the cheapest racecar out there, I'm gonna try to run it in some Nascar events. Thanks!

As you can see here, a little harmless sarcasm was used to make a point. I 100% believe the post was not at all offensive to anyone in these forums who is actually in the business. Yet even now, over a year later, I am faced with the "infraction" notice every time I log in to this forum. Thanks Bradster!

Fred, I respect you and most everyone else here. Out of respect to you and the other members, I frequently contribute very positive and industry related information and opinions. In fact, I challenge you to read 50 of my posts before and 50 posts after the aforementioned "infraction" post and tell me how many of them were negative in nature.

You have lost yet another quality member and another $50 a year because one of your big-headed moderators couldn't handle a simple situation with tact.

Perhaps something like this would have been more reasonable...

John,

We really appreciate your vivid personality and all that you add to our community at S101. The illustration in your post earlier today might ruffle a few feathers. We're trying to keep things a little more clean, positive and professional around here. Would you mind deleting the image? Thanks!

Hypothetical Moderator with a Normal Sized Head

Just sayin'.

Have a great weekend!

Andrew

Last edited:

tcorn1965

I don't think I've ever been edited......or got a thread closed....yep.....still a virgin in that department......a corn cob up someones ***.....just doesn't sound like art to me.....

If you have never been edited...let me be the 1st...;) It may take time though... to properly edit the right part...

kgirl

If you have never been edited...let me be the 1st...;) It may take time though... to properly edit the right part...

then I hope you're fast.....and can keep up.....:birthday:

anyone know what happened to that spouse thread?...from years ago?

Speedsterbeast

[I replied on 9/29/2010:
Not sure of the answer to your question... but maybe you can tell me what is the cheapest way I might be able to get into racing? I don't know anything about cars... or racing... hell, I don't even have a drivers license. I'd appreciate if you could point me in the direction of the cheapest racecar out there, I'm gonna try to run it in some Nascar events. Thanks!

How is that the same?
Someone who asks questions about getting into the wrap business surely doesn't expect to be competing with the worlds best wrap designers and installers to start off. But claiming that they want to compete at the top straight off as you imply by comparing it to competing in Nascar without as much as driver's liscense is ridiculous and just makes you look bitter and unhappy with your place in life like so many others on this forum. Sarcasm, as you say it is, is quite simply ego run amuck.
I can tell you one thing for sure. If someone did ask a driver of any series how to get into racing, they would be welcomed with open arms, given advice, help, direction. And they would do it being fully aware that it may be their direct competition one day.

MikePro

I think the response to spmracing is justified by the fact that he is the perfect example of a member that contributes nothing and asks for everything.

the jab was well placed, and if you see some of spm's other threads, you'll see that gfx isn't alone in disliking his threads. this is a community, after all, but who's to say we can't defend some of it? ...politely

ForgeInc

Innuendos, crybabies, power trips...at least there is no politics or religion.

I think this thread has run it's course, no?