• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

saying goodbye

MikePro

in admin defense, John wasn't singled-out... I too have been censored on this forum for language (by bradster!) prior to the language filter/NHB stuff happening.

felt like a kick in the teeth, at first, because it was a word used in jest ("pain in the _ _ _" or something of the sort) towards a project but I never felt the need to consider the admins out of line.

I honestly don't see how roasting corn with your butt (or simulated masturbation) is artistic in any way and the "artist" will soon regret his quickness to react to its deletion.

Maxphobia

Art = the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance. I've seen a lot of things I personally don't think is art.....but others do. So art is what ever someone thinks art is....heh

HaroldDesign

Was the sketch even of his own creation? My goodness. Either way there is far more shown in this circumstance about taking one's self too seriously than about censorship on a forum. My thread was removed. Oh no. Life must be good, huh?

Deaton Design

I saw the art John posted. It didnt offend me, but the rules of this board are the rules. If I overstep them, I have no problem with them doing whats needed to correct it. I hate to see John leave, and I hope he reconsiders. Its really not censorship because everyone knows certain things are not allowed. They are trying to keep the forum clean, which Id imagine is tough sometimes, and not an easy job. Im glad they do.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
You use to be one of those kids who use to tell the teacher on everyone else, aren't you?

no, I have seen alot of goodbye threads in my time and if i remember correctly posted one of my own.

i've learned not to take this forum soooo seriously and think it's funny that someone has left again and had to announce it - like anyone cares....

i'm sure he'll be back...

once, he gets over himself.....

ddarlak

Go Bills!
cares that he's gone, sure.

but he's not really gone, just had his feelings hurt.

like many before, and i'm sure many to come.

but in the end, it was just a bad cartoon, posted on an internet forum and it was against the rules.

so, quit crying over nothing and come on back.

Mike F

This is all Mosh's fault.

Seriously though, I wasn't particularly offended, but I can see why it was taken down. It really doesn't have any place on a forum designed to bring professionals together, especially when the thread was about discussing how cold it was already in some parts of the country.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know..... all this good stuff took place while I was out last night, but I had more fun drinking, then getting caught up in this drama.

There's a place for dumb stuff and then there's a place for even more dumber stuff. This isn't the place for either of those. Over the years, I've made some bad statements, accusations and have contributed things that I didn't see as off-color or wrong, but when pointed out to me..... for the most part I could see how things were seen through the eyes of others. I've stopped my swearing and since the closing of the NBH section, I'll probably have no heated arguments left in me.... except for Addie, but as mentioned several times, we should try to act like adults, no matter how boring that is.

Border said it best..... this is Fred's place and we must play by his and the forums rules regardless of our own opinions or theories on right from wrong. If we can't respect one another for certain characteristics, we can certainly respect the owner's house where we all gather and tear it apart every day in and out the whole year long, year after year. If it was me, I'd probably tell some of you to go on a vacation or take a leave of absence from time to time. Y'all get on peoples' nerves after a while.

Sometimes we all forget the rules and need to be reminded of them. It's happened to me several times and I'm still here. There is nothing wrong with getting your fingers slapped or getting called out on the carpet.... it's how you respond or react to such an occasion.

I would hope that John takes all of this in the helpful manner it's meant and reconsider giving back to this community what it needs and desires by not quitting and showing we all have room to grow.

I would never beg someone to come back, but I would like to invite him to think about things and then return to the site once again.

:thankyou: I'll step down for some other windbag............... :doh: