• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sci Fi Logo

rjpjr

Liked the thumbnail till I opened it...
I had the opposite reaction.
When I first saw the thumbnail, it looked average at best, uninspiring, and then I clicked it. It was not at all what I thought I was going to see.

Joe, I personally think this may be some of your best work yet. The reason I say this is because it is so far removed from what you would normally create. I wouldn't say that everything you do looks the same, IT DOESN'T. However, many if not most of your creations certainly have a certain JOE feel to them. All of the greats have it (Gary Anderson, David A. Smith, etc)...a signature look or feel. IMHO, this one steps away and explores new territory. I think it is exceptionally creative and original. I REALLY LIKE IT. :thumb:

Last edited:

Dan Antonelli

I like where it's going, and I'm sure with the graphics it will look even better. It's hard to judge it without the proper context and it's intended application. I might say to darken your outlining a touch so it wasn't being brought forward as much. Like others have said - its a cool style it's nice to get out of our comfort zone - something I certainly enjoy when we have the opportunity.

Looking forward to catching up in Atlantic City in a few weeks pal.

Marlene

if this is for a game, I am the target market and can't wait to see what else you add to the design. below are a couple of games logos and note the bookends :Big Laugh

Attachments

• logo 1.jpg
    logo 1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 134
  • logo 2.jpg
    logo 2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

Joe Diaz

Still chip'n away at her. I'm not sure if I care for her facial expression. I may rework that. But yeah this is for a game we hope to make into an app and sell.

seventh guardian full 800.jpg
seventh guardian full close 800.jpg

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I like it.

Maybe its just the lines coming off in different directions, but it did remind me of The Island of Dr. Moreau title sequence.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-11-20 at 8.14.09 AM.png
    Screen shot 2013-11-20 at 8.14.09 AM.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 124

Marlene

now that it is shown with the graphic, it is perfect! love it! it works for this. now Addie, would you not read/watch/buy or play this based on the throw up on the letters???

PS like how you brought the shadow down on the "G" and moved it up on the "N". it made a big difference and the "N" doesn't jump out at me anymore

Locals Find!

now that it is shown with the graphic, it is perfect! love it! it works for this. now Addie, would you not read/watch/buy or play this based on the throw up on the letters???

PS like how you brought the shadow down on the "G" and moved it up on the "N". it made a big difference and the "N" doesn't jump out at me anymore

I went back and looked at the original image I commented on and the newer version with more detail added and some changes made. The second version is much better. I don't understand how that occurs. I don't have a degree or years of experience to draw from to explain it. I just know the first I didn't like at all, second not in love with it but, definitely better than the first one.

As for the Character her arm going over her chest looks really strange. Almost like her shoulder was dislocated reaching over them massive boobs.

Dennis422

As for the Character her arm going over her chest looks really strange. Almost like her shoulder was dislocated reaching over them massive boobs.

And a "Gun" hiding the waist so it looks like her waist and hips are really wide, unproportional to the shoulders and small hands.
Not saying that it is, but gun makes it look that way.

Joe Diaz

SO what your saying is the terrible looking logo doesn't looks so bad now that it's next to the horribly disfigured main character. :Big Laugh I'll try another pose.

Marlene

SO what your saying is the terrible looking logo doesn't looks so bad now that it's next to the horribly disfigured main character. :Big Laugh I'll try another pose.​

I just assumed she was from another planet where they have massive boobs and little short arm tht come out of their necks;)

maybe a Charlie's angle pose, straight on with arms out , boobs and waist showing. for some reason the go to outfits in these games are not very practical so she's good to go save the world with the plunging neckline.

Dennis422

SO what your saying is the terrible looking logo doesn't looks so bad now that it's next to the horribly disfigured main character. :Big Laugh I'll try another pose.

No, the logo looked good before too, I just did not see it until you posted the short handed alien :smile:

Maybe other people see it differently, but that is how i see it. It is just a weird angle, that's all

Locals Find!

No I am saying the horrible looking logo has been improved from what I originally saw. The woman isn't so bad just that weird arm thing going on.