• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sci Fi Logo

ForgeInc

Wow, Joe. Really cool to see the progression, and as others have said very impressive to see such a different style from ya. I definitely like where it's going, and you've made some great refinements such as toning down the embellishments on the type and refining the pose.

Something to think about may be to consider doing the figure in more of a 3D/photoshop style rather than your typical "vector" or corel shapes type style you usually do.

If you could really render that figure and have it look less color by number, it would send it over the top! I know you said your game is gonna be more 2D, but think of other games where the cover art or cinematic intro sequences are more heavily rendered than the actual game.

Something about the vectorish figure makes it seem flat on top of the super cool, more 3D-ish type, just a very minor critique and my humble $.02. (Which of course is worth just as much!)

Marlene

wow, you are amazing Joe! love the close up detail pattern in the letters, super chick looks great, when can I play it?

Joe Diaz

wow, you are amazing Joe! love the close up detail pattern in the letters, super chick looks great, when can I play it?

We still have a ways to go. It's my first game so it's taking a while, but a lot of work has been done already. My brother and I are working on it when every we have a little free time, which isn't often. The main game-play mechanics are pretty much ready to go. The main character is close to being complete, Next I move on to enemy ai. After that level design. Then audio. Then Menus. Then testing, fine tuning and getting it to work certain devices. And then we publish. Might sell it, may do ad space. I haven't figured that part out yet.

It's going to be like an old school side scrolling shooter.

Marlene

It's going to be like an old school side scrolling shooter.

some really like kicking old school and will love that. I play some online games as they remind me of the old games but I'm a spoiled brat and am excited about getting a couple of PS4's to replace our 3's.

Joe Diaz

some really like kicking old school and will love that. I play some online games as they remind me of the old games but I'm a spoiled brat and am excited about getting a couple of PS4's to replace our 3's.

A couple??? Dang Rockefeller, You should send one my way. LOL

Ken

Simplify...

Who am I to critique one of Joes designs..however...How about just a simple light blue neon glow behind Guardian? Cheers! Ken

Marlene

A couple??? Dang Rockefeller, You should send one my way. LOL

both hubby and I are gamers so we need a couple so we don't fight over play time. we have two PS3's and sunday's are game day around here. he's Call of Duty, I'm RPG

Joe Diaz

both hubby and I are gamers so we need a couple so we don't fight over play time. we have two PS3's and sunday's are game day around here. he's Call of Duty, I'm RPG

You should get one PS4 and one Xbox so you don't have to worry about not being able to play Xbox exclusives. That's the problem I run into. I don't game too much but when I do I prefer playstation, however there are a few xbox exclusives I like. This time around I'm only getting one of them. I haven't decided which yet, and I probably won't get one until they come out with a 2nd version or there is a nice price drop. I can wait.

Marlene

You should get one PS4 and one Xbox so you don't have to worry about not being able to play Xbox exclusives. That's the problem I run into. I don't game too much but when I do I prefer playstation, however there are a few xbox exclusives I like. This time around I'm only getting one of them. I haven't decided which yet, and I probably won't get one until they come out with a 2nd version or there is a nice price drop. I can wait.

I will always pick a Playstion over Xbox as the range of games is better. they do have a few that are exclusive but haven't done anything to make us want to change over. still have 3 PS2's as I love the games and can still pop in a favorite PS1 when I get board

Master's Touch

Joe, you are always layered and detailed, and so often you have a clever visual "hook" for your stuff. This logo is....lo-fi for you. The whole thing, including the chick lacks dynamism and seems generic. Think "Magic:the Overdone"(LOL) and do it better! If this is for a game app, it HAS to stand out, appeal and compel...or it is just part of the flood of others that visually appear similar. You can't be part of the pack with that genre...you have to stand out...but you know this. Good Luck with it.

Kaiser

Just my 2c

Get rid of the chick. I like the lettering. Maybe less layering on the actual lettering itself buty keeping the overlay and a little more depth on the tech shadow. Like a layered star trek look. Or even swap the overlay and place it on the tech shadow as its probably too detailed to be seen at a glance. Nothing that pops out more than the actual lettering though. The wings are a nice touch though but I dont know how id work them in... a watermark?

Then again, just the way I see it ... as we say in portuguese... os gostos não se discutem. loosely translated... different strokes for different folks.