• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screw you 3M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapVehicleWrap

Hey now.. I own the market on used car wraps. Prefer to call them pre-owned. But they are still better than what car dealers can offer even with 3ms help. Not for nothing... this is going to be VERY temporary guys. There are bigger problems in this country than 3m grasping at straws trying to salvage WHAT THEY ALREADY LOST!

Typestries

We too have lost to this. And that means, another shop lost as well, because when we print for another small shop like you, we're loosing as a result of this OW BS. So that's two people loosing per. There are quite a few of us.

We'll be exhibiting at the NBM show in Philly next week. This will make great discussion material.

rjssigns

The OW deal does not affect me(so far) as QC issues. Had two bad rolls of 8518(machine marks/striping) so I switched to 8519. Now I get shorted. When you have more substrate left then lam there is an issue. Also set-up a counter on my laminator that goes down to the inch.

Colorado's posts about shorting rolls is what made me put a counter on.

One last thing is claimed durability. Why is Oracals 290G rated for 8 years and 8518 only rated for 3?

JoshLoring

One last thing is claimed durability. Why is Oracals 290G rated for 8 years and 8518 only rated for 3?

Because Oracal backs their product. Lol

For those now using Oracal.. Take advantage of their OCS warranty certification. You must print a sample on their media, laminate and ship back to them for lab testing with a provided file. This gives you a manufacturer backed warranty.

HulkSmash

I just oracal 290 had clear backing. The paper backing sometimes leaves the orange peel effect on the lam.

Last edited:

JoshLoring

Today's funny.

Attachments

• image-106574593.jpg
    image-106574593.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 94

CanuckSigns

I Asked this question a few pages ago, but no one has answered it so far,

What are you going to do if a client specifies 3M media be used on their wrap jobs? As I understand it, most fleet work specifically specs 3M media.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
What are you going to do if a client specifies 3M media be used on their wrap jobs? As I understand it, most fleet work specifically specs 3M media.

use Arlon, because they won't know the difference.....

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Its wrong but its not like its not going on now.

It's wrong, but why is it right in the first place. The only reason the customer is requesting it is a false belief that it is somehow better....

rjssigns

Because Oracal backs their product. Lol

For those now using Oracal.. Take advantage of their OCS warranty certification. You must print a sample on their media, laminate and ship back to them for lab testing with a provided file. This gives you a manufacturer backed warranty.

Suh-weeet!! I can manage that.

Hmmm...amazing the other guys don't do this.

3M Graphics

Merchant Member
3M Original Wraps FAQ's

Our participation in the automotive OEM commercial fleet graphics industry has generated a lot of conversation, and we respect your right to voice opinions.

We've been listening to the discussion on this forum, and take your concerns seriously. We do want to address questions that were asked and provide an opportunity to clarify any misunderstanding. Please visit go.3m.com/3MOriginalWrapsFAQs for general information and FAQs.

Jason M. Amidon, 3M Original Wraps

CanuckSigns

Our participation in the automotive OEM commercial fleet graphics industry has generated a lot of conversation, and we respect your right to voice opinions.

We've been listening to the discussion on this forum, and take your concerns seriously. We do want to address questions that were asked and provide an opportunity to clarify any misunderstanding. Please visit go.3m.com/3MOriginalWrapsFAQs for general information and FAQs.

I didn't see a straight answer to any of the concerns in this thread on that entire page, it looks like it was written by a politician.

:frustrated::iamwithstupid

J Hill Designs

You missed one: "Why does my wrap look like it is about to fall off after getting done by your certified installer?"

Status
Not open for further replies.