• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screw you 3M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudmedia

What did you wrap them in Colorado? Fill us in on how the installation and print went.

I was expecting a blow up when you got the time to respond lol.

jaycrowe

3M's answer at best is weak!!! Why so eager to take it offline Mr. Amidon? Why not enlighten all of your customers at once? With that said 3M can do whatever they want I just chose not to support it!!!

HulkSmash

In response to your concerns we hope this helps clarify some of the misunderstandings and provides you an outline of how to participate in the program.

Automotive OEM’s have set stringent requirements to participate in their personalization program. 3M is able to meet their requirements with the following criteria:

• To print: 3M MCS™ Warranty and ISO 9001 Certification
• To install: 3M Endorsed Status (levels 2-4)

3M Original Wraps is directly involved in program coordination only.

If you meet these criteria and are interested in participating in automotive OEM programs, please contact Original Wraps at info@owcrm.com. We invite you to email us any specific questions or concerns so that we can respond fully.

Jason M. Amidon, Original Wraps

Hey Jason from 3M.

Let's cut the crap. Let's start with this: "Automotive OEM’s have set stringent requirements to participate in their personalization program. 3M is able to meet their requirements with the following criteria:"
- Are you saying that your company had nothing to do with their "Stringent requirements" for the installers? I can tell you right now, i saw what was installed on MY clients vehicles.. not impressed to say the least. But please do everyone a favor, and stop being naive, you set those standards - not the dealerships...

Next: "3M Original Wraps is directly involved in program coordination only. "
You're still trying to sing that song? You're not competing. You're taking us for a fool, that in itself is plain disrespectful. You Print, and Distribute the graphics, Then you find a company who has paid you money to be certified into your program. Lies, Lies Lies.

If you would please do me the respect of answering a few questions all of us are extremely eager to know.

Please answer these best to knowledge and honestly as possible:

1. Does Original Wraps (a 3M Company) Print?

2. When you choose which companies are worthy of this list, who decides how much those installers are going to charge?

3. When the wrap you print fails (oops answered question 1 for you) Who is responsible for the warranty? Who decides that?

4. If you're not my competition , why are you stealing my customers..And why are you underbidding everything i do? Please I'd like to know. Why are you giving my customers no choice when they BLATANTLY ask for us to do the printing and install?

5. Why does Avery and Oracle Reps stop in regularly from out of state to say hi and check in on me. Yet i spend close to 10's of thousands of dollars some months on 3M, and i haven't seen a rep in 3 years, not to mention.. 3M has a LOCAL rep.. he doesn't have to travel anywhere.

Until your greedy company starts losing money by not selling rolls to the average wrap and sign shops.. then I'm guessing you'll start listening. What happens when The supply companies realize what's going on, and the money they're losing out on because of your direct distribution. You offer your product cheaper then we can. How is that fair.

Last question.

Are you our direct competitor? If not please explain why. Also explain the part where you don't print, and if it's not you, please tell me how you distribute the printing around to companies.

The sheer fact you take us for ignorant fools who has no idea of what's going on is ignorant in itself.

-We Print The wraps
-We distribute the Wraps.

-You Print
-You distribute the wraps.

There you have it 3M vs the Average Wrap shop.

Competition.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There plan is not to be our competition. There plan is to be our replacement!!

DING....... DING....... DING....... DING....... DING....... DING.......

It's like all the corner hardware stores, mom & pop grocery stores and just about everything else in between........ the big guys will gobble us up one by one until the artistry will be gone. Think different ?? You're a fool. So, make it while you can.

We created the market, asked for the neat toys and they will eventually take over and be the sign shop of the future.

I saw a sign shop who had on their front counter... we do real gold leaf in 22kt. I looked at the samples and it was sign gold crap. I asked him about it and his answer was.... well it's real to us, so it's real to them.

When the last of the people who know what's really going on are gone... in other words... when the pattern makers are long dead.... so will be the craft. Sure, they'll will be a few young ones to keep the torch going, but even they will eventually fizzle out.

:covereyes: Glad I'm getting old and won't see it come to an end.

JoshLoring

I'll have a website online next week explaining what 3m is doing and why sign shops should not buy their media.
I'll implement a comment "voice your opinion" section so everyone can contribute. This will have an SEO impact when people search 3m.
I'll ask every shop to link to it.
I will not, repeat NOT use it for self promotion. It will only be for mass education.

ProWraps

my sales rep (not 3M rep) just called me and told me the phone has been blowing up with all customers talking about 3M backdooring them and requesting pricing or Oracal. also said the pricing quotes for Oracal cant get out fast enough.

ROFL.

i see it like this. 3M can not effectively put out a good product the way this program is set up.

the customers sadly are the ones getting screwed, but in the end after they have been burned they will go to the experts in VEHICLE WRAPPING not the experts in manufacturing one marginally crappy component of the entire process.

BALLPARK

Very well said Adam...

But you I think there is a better chance of me buying out every sign company on here today than 3M responding in an open forum to a direct question. Goes without saying that will NEVER happen..lol.

I don't think they would even reply through email unless it had a lawyer attached to it that would pop out of your computer to take DNA proof that you would never tell the industry of the lies...

ProWraps

oh josh..
i regged 3mSucksBalls.com

godaddy suggested it.. hmmm.

let me know when you are ready to go live.

cajun312

Whew that's a lot to read at one time. I'm curious, do you guys that are currently wrapping with 3M offer their MCS warranty? If not, I could see where Joe Contractor would prefer his wrap to have a factory backed warranty.

What is involved with offering that warranty, from what I understand it's using 3M material and certain types of ink/printers.

Are these leasing companies telling customers they absolutely can't get the wrap done somewhere else? Would the leasing company deny the lease if the wraps are done in a shop not approved?

mtrider

ordered ours

1st roll of 3751/290 combo on the way..... i need to order a couple sets coming up and figured nows a good a time as any to give it a whirl..... the nissan dealer i went to yesterday , doesn't participate in OW program... "not yet " ... same thing here.. when i talked to my sales rep, they mentioned that i was the 4th person that asked today about samples and pricing!!!! this was at 11:15 am... power to the people... Josh, please send me a link also when its up..

g&eprinting

WOWSER! was just about to try out all 3M products.

We were going to switch over from Oracal.

We Love oracal here, been using it since day one.

Never bought Avery because of their unloyalty and this forum, now 3M.

That is funny about the quality of the wraps, me and my partner drove by the dealership and were like who the F is installing these things like that. Poor :-(

CheapVehicleWrap

Love me or hate me but I'm pleased to announce Cheap Vehicle Wrap has chosen 3M vehicle wrap vinyl products exclusively for all our cheap wraps. Besides we're used to the customer dicktating what we're getting paid.

HulkSmash

The fact that 3m are SELLING the wraps. They are the ones receiving the money from the client (it might be through the dealer/leasing company) but they’re definitely taking a cut.

If you don’t print wraps, and don’t install, so you sub them out, but you still sell the wrap, you are competition to anyone else who would possibly sell the wrap.

Period.

Scott Reynolds

Does designing a sign that people can put on there door telling M3 reps that their not welcome inside the shop sound like a doable idea? Just a little 6x6 sticker. I would be funny to walk a rep outside and just point at the sticker and then walk back inside leaving the rep outside. The very bottom in small print it can say "printed on Oracal Vinyl".

Designed and proofed here then put up as a PDF so everyone's decal would be the same.

AUTO-FX

It's my understanding that the customer's only obligation regarding the wrap (being done at the dealer) is to be able to have them roll the cost into the lease/purchase financing. Having that cost included in a monthly payment rather than laying out 3 grand all at once is mighty powerful persuasion. Like Josh said, you might just go in and offer a sales manager and salespeople cash proceeds, but if there is already this program in place at that dealership, youre probably SOL there. Unless you plan to pay REALLY well *and* another thing - and this is something I ran into at a number of places I tried to break into with the stoneguard film kits - you are going to need to be prepared to warranty ALL the wraps that have been done, even the ones done under the 3M program, because IF you can convince the sales dept to side step the program, you will need to take care of ANY and all warranty problems. I'd like to suggest implementing your own financing program for these guys who have the fleets you want to wrap. That might solve the problem right at the heart of it???

jkdbjj

Little off topic, but my experience is my rep came in on a call to me. Listened to the marketing manager about what project I was working on. I let him come in because it was going to be using speciality vinyl and I thought he could be of use.

Couple days later the marketing manager tells me another sign place called her about this project, and explained they are experts at the project she was working on.

So this sucker went and told another sign company whom I am assuming does more 3M business then I do, and tried to give my job away. I still got the job, and I called the guy and asked if he would be interested in sampling my nuts for lunch.

Never heard back from him, and I have stayed away from 3M for the most part form that very experience. Your thread really drives home what my gut was telling me.

Very sorry to hear about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.