• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ShopSabre vs. AXYZ

Ditchmiester

why haven't you looked at multicam?

Or have you?

I have in the past looked into MultiCam but my area salesmen has always been not the easiest to work with. He never seems interested in my needs only selling larger machines. I might contact them again because its been a couple years sense I last spoke with them.

Techman

I understand the indifference displayed by some multicam salespersons.

But it seems they are busy selling their machine that are very good... and have not much time for tire kickers. If one goes in with a solid desire to buy one then things change. At least that is my experience.

Ditchmiester

This was my experience with MultiCam yesterday. I took everyone's advice and was going to give them another try.

First found the phone number on their website for the great lakes office as i'm located just outside of Chicago and it was the closest to my location. Called them and they said sorry you will have to talk to our Dallas office. They gave me the phone number and I said okay no problem. Then I call the Dallas office and they said oh no you need to talk to our Elgin, Il office I will transfer you. Get transferred and no answer. Left a message figuring I would hear back in a couple of hours. Hadn't heard anything back near the end of the day so I called the Dallas office again and asked if I could get the number again to try and call one more time. She then remembered they are at a trade show and she would give me his cell number. I know how hectic trade shows can be so I didn't want to bother him on his cell there I asked if there was another sales person I could talk to and just get some general information as we are looking for a very specific spindle upgrade and wanted to know if it is even available. She then said no he is the only one and rattled off his cell and said just call him.

How is it possible that there isn't another sales guy in the entire midwest that I could talk to about their machines. As was stated before they don't like tire kickers and i'm very serious in purchasing a new machine by the end of the month. But if they are to busy at trade shows to talk to customers who are actually interested that is fine by me.

rjssigns

I find the MultiCam scenario interesting. CNC routers have become a commodity. If you don't have stellar customer service with "Johnny on the Spot" answers people will go elsewhere.

Makes me question their ability to help when the machine breaks.(and everything does)

Ditchmiester

I find the MultiCam scenario interesting. CNC routers have become a commodity. If you don't have stellar customer service with "Johnny on the Spot" answers people will go elsewhere.

Makes me question their ability to help when the machine breaks.(and everything does)

I think this is 100% why it is aggravating to try and get a hold of them.

d fleming

When I was looking at cnc years ago my research told me multicam but trying to deal with them told me to keep looking. I don't see how they sell a damned thing.

Ditchmiester

When I was looking at cnc years ago my research told me multicam but trying to deal with them told me to keep looking. I don't see how they sell a damned thing.

That is exactly how I feel. I'm going to keep my first to thoughts with ShopSabre or AXYZ

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
That's a shame you can't get any response from MultiCam. Here in Georgia (MultiCam Southeast), they're very good about returning calls. I've run two different MultiCams (neither new) and both were workhorses- and even the 20-something year old one was built solidly.

klemgraphics

You might also try Thermwood if you have the budget for it. Out of my price range, but they make a workhorse. They are built 10 minutes from my shop in Dale, IN, great people.

I looked at ShopSabre a few years ago and almost bought one, that is about all I know about them though.

Ditchmiester

I'm going down next week to Dallas to look at the Multicam Router. After Speaking to the new Sales Manager for our territory I found out why customer service was an issue and why it will be better now. The Machine we are looking at is priced well above our other two options but everyone always says that Multicam is the best so I want to see what all the fuss is about.

LarryB

I'm going down next week to Dallas to look at the Multicam Router. After Speaking to the new Sales Manager for our territory I found out why customer service was an issue and why it will be better now. The Machine we are looking at is priced well above our other two options but everyone always says that Multicam is the best so I want to see what all the fuss is about.

I just bought a Multicam 3000 and have had it for a month now. Love it. Took awhile to figure it out but it is great. Sales and service have been great.

Ditchmiester

Wow, I see why everyone says try multicam. I see why they get their premium price. These things are built like a tank. I went down to Dallas Yesterday and got a full plant tour along with a demo on 2 different machines to show me what spindle/RPM would work best for my application. It was a great day of learning about their product and got to meet a bunch of different guys in the Customer Service area. Its good to know that there are guys there dedicated to just answering the phones when you have a question or an issue. If anyone is interested in seeing a demo of a Multicam product. I highly recommend taking the time and going down to their main facility just to get the plant tour and see how these things are 100% built in America.

Race4Fun82

Shopsaber

Hi
l think I have the shop saber that college freshman is talking about in the previous post. This CNC is a tank. It is heavy duty and I have not had a single issue since I bought it used. I can't say anything about there tech support as I have never needed it, but I have only heard great things about this company. I mostly cut out channel letter backs and the acrylic faces.

Ditchmiester

Hi l think I have the shop saber that college freshman is talking about in the previous post. This CNC is a tank. It is heavy duty and I have not had a single issue since I bought it used. I can't say anything about there tech support as I have never needed it, but I have only heard great things about this company. I mostly cut out channel letter backs and the acrylic faces.

Do you do a lot of aluminum cutting?