• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should I change my business name?

Should I change my business name?

• Yes

Votes: 29 82.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

Brendan

How about Mrs. Flameys Husband Designs?

Flamethrower Graphics
Full Flame Design
Flame Master G
Flame Rider Graphics
Hmm. Its actually kind of tough to have flame in there and no have it sound....FLAMING

Flame

Um.... no flame in my name. I have a SMALL side business that uses the fire identity... for most stuff I really don't want flames. lol. Too much flames in life now....

I figured if I chose an identity, ANY identity.... like even Tiger Designs, it's more easily remembered, and you can hype it up with like tiger wrapped car, slashes for a logo, ripped metal effect banners with tiger stripes... etc.

How about just JW Designs. JW - Just Win. ??

Marlene

JW Designs sounds good and it isn't so far off from the name you're using now that people looking for you won't be able to find you.

onesource

Your name has alot to do with your target market.
Example:
Fun name...Crafty Graphics & Designs
Institutional name....OneSource Signs & Lighting
If I had the fun name I wouldn't get calls for lighted signs and visa versa.
My name and the layout of my name/logo works great for my target market, sure I can make my logo look cooler and better but I want it to look kinda bland but nice and clean. Most lighted signs are bland (basic text with a little something). If you're designing alot I think you need something inbetween, not too crazy and not to institutional.
I know you know this but just throwing something out there.
Good luck

Flame

JJW....CHANGE IT ...
what the hell does it mean...
JUNIOR JABA WALKIE???

First post on this thread... It's my initials. Hey, I wasn't too smart in marketing when I came up with that name. I drew up my first logo when I was like... what, um... eleven? lol. Didn't know much of anything back then, even now just learning...

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
"Acetylene Designs"

(goes with flames, starts with A, and has the connotation 'a set of lean designs')

Once you've made your first $100000, send me half please!

(in fact I might even use that name myself...!)

Columbia Signs

Didn't your initials change when you took your husbands name?

J/k with ya.

I think your on the right track with picking something you can have fun and be creative with. Take your time and think it through... your a smart guy with tons of creativity. You'll come up with a good one.

Ken

Vancouver Graphics
VanGraph Designs, VanGraff
VanSign
permutations thereof..
I agree JJW is not a grabber..
GL...Ken

D

DARLAK

"Acetylene Designs"

(goes with flames, starts with A, and has the connotation 'a set of lean designs')

Once you've made your first $100000, send me half please!

(in fact I might even use that name myself...!)

you've been out in the sun too long.

Flame

Vancouver Graphics
VanGraph Designs, VanGraff
VanSign
permutations thereof..
I agree JJW is not a grabber..
GL...Ken

No no no... no Vancouver thrown in. I want something a touch more universal. Besides, there's already enough shops in town that use "Vancouver".

Hmm.... still thinking. I am going to write myself a proposal for a name change, see if I convince myself or not, and then see how I feel. :cool: