• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should I do something about this?

MikePro

How do you deal with the holes? I only ask in the event they ask me to fix them instead of replacing the face.

+1 Colorado's response.
if they want cheap, they'll get cheap and it will last just fine. I'd love to replace every Lexan panel with new, but most people just don't care if its a little yellow, watermarked with someone else's logo, or has holes in it if it will save them $100+. Lexan won't simply crack from being drilled-into. maybe offer to design a layout that covers the holes with black/opaque vinyl. Possibly even to pre-fill with epoxy and you won't have to worry about the vinyl shredding over time.
....or just go with it, and sell the client a "do-it-yourself-kit": 1/8" drillbit, a paper pattern with a grid of holes marked, and a handful of LightBright studs
Screen Shot 2013-10-09 at 7.49.06 PM.png

Techman

some people say it is ok to re use an lexan old panel.
I say No way.

Lexan will develop yellow ghosts around the areas that were protected by the lettering. It will only continue to get darker over time.
After a while there will be a very obvious difference.

Even a slightly used panel with no yellowing will eventually turn and start to show the ghosts. It is ugly and unprofessional. Just don't do it.
No, not even to save 100 bux.