• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shout Out To Gino

signage

You are always sniping at me. Go through your posts. Back off jack. I am not interested in every post you try to put me down somehow. If you have nothing positive to say don't say anything.

If this was followed this would be a much better forum! Seems this place has settled down some recently!

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I just don't like your new found voice. Your opinion is bad 85% of the time. Yes, you may know SOME things, but the way you express your opinion is poor.

:bushmill:

Marlene

I miss Gino. he might have ripped a few people but he also did give solid and good answers to questions.

paul luszcz

I'm with Marlene. I usually stay out of conversations like this. I prefer to only post questions and answers to sign topics, but when Gino was on topic, I felt I was getting the benefit of a highly experienced, successful sign professional.

I hope whatever drove him to post so negatively is resolved so we can again benefit from his experience.

graphicwarning

Fred,
With all due respect, I too tend to stay removed from these sorts of discussions… but I have to say I find some irony and possibly some hypocrisy in the fact your signature says “I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” Yet, you’ve taken away Gino’s right to say what he wants…

Believe me, I think there are times he can use some more tact in his approach, but he also has a lot to offer this forum and I believe he should be allowed to do so. If this is considered “drinking the Gino Koolaid” as you mentioned earlier, so be it. I however, like this forum and appreciate it’s members and management, but I’d prefer to choose for myself who’s posts I’d like to read, and block or ignore the ones I don’t.

If he was exhibiting aggression or violence towards someone, I get it. But passive aggressively removing a “portion” of his access, because he colorfully expresses his opinion, I can’t say that I agree Sir!

CES020

I've been on this forum for 6 years now and in those 6 years, I don't ever recall Fred being unreasonable. If he says he's seen things that show someone doesn't deserve the privilege to post here, then I believe him. Who knows this forum better than Fred? Inside and out?

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
So Gino is here but not REALLY here? Was he put back into the Matrix?
[video=youtube;l5y68ErffgM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5y68ErffgM[/video]

graphicwarning

this was the result of some back door dissension and rable rousing. Did you miss that part?

I didn’t miss that part at all. I don’t know what the issues were behind the scenes and since I don’t know, I’m reserving any sort of judgment about if it was right or wrong. BUT… regardless of what they are… my point is that half measures seem so “Because I can” to me, and I don’t consider it fair.

Maybe I’m completely wrong… as I have been many times, and could very well be in this case. I am however entitled to my opinion, and you absolutely have the right to disagree with me.

player

I just don't like your new found voice. Your opinion is bad 85% of the time. Yes, you may know SOME things, but the way you express your opinion is poor.

:bushmill:

My opinion is bad? All you do is snip and snipe at everything. Just stop posting something rude or trollish every time I post. Keep your negative opinion to your self.

CanuckSigns

I'm with Marlene. I usually stay out of conversations like this. I prefer to only post questions and answers to sign topics, but when Gino was on topic, I felt I was getting the benefit of a highly experienced, successful sign professional.

I hope whatever drove him to post so negatively is resolved so we can again benefit from his experience.

Unfortunately, Gino was very rarely on topic, his posts generally started off well enough, but quickly turned into a gong-show of insults, put downs and other irrelevant dribble.

dang Gino has 24,000 posts, how did he find the time to work? sounds like he worked full time posting on signs101......what will he do with his time now?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I didn’t miss that part at all. I don’t know what the issues were behind the scenes and since I don’t know, I’m reserving any sort of judgment about if it was right or wrong. BUT… regardless of what they are… my point is that half measures seem so “Because I can” to me, and I don’t consider it fair.

Maybe I’m completely wrong… as I have been many times, and could very well be in this case. I am however entitled to my opinion, and you absolutely have the right to disagree with me.

Rescinding some permissions was necessary to remedy the current problem. Not banning him is intended to recognize Gino's positive contributions to Signs 101 in the past. Like I said, this is uncharted territory.

Baz

Sounds like you're drinking Gino' Koolaid in large gulps. The only screening we do is rule violations and unnecessarily rude posts. Members come and go all the time and for all sorts of reasons. All I can do is to manage Signs 101 to the best of my ability and as I see it. Anyone who disagrees is welcome to leave or stay. I rarely do anything one way or the other. As a side note, some may find it interesting that less members have been banned in 11 years than join Signs 101 each and every week.

In Gino's case, however, it has become obvious that he has decided to work against the best interests of Signs 101 in a clandestine fashion which I am no longer willing to facilitate for him. To that end, I have suspended his permissions to post, view images or use the private messaging system at Signs 101. This is not a decision that was arrived at quickly or easily.

:pops_blinking: Check back often. This thread, as with most, will still be here.

SPEECH not SPEACH

I think there is allot of Koolaid going around ...............