Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shout Out To Gino

Discussion in 'Member Shout Out' started by player, May 20, 2014.

1. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    Player is next...

2. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    You are always sniping at me. Go through your posts. Back off jack. I am not interested in every post you try to put me down somehow. If you have nothing positive to say don't say anything.

3. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn

If this was followed this would be a much better forum! Seems this place has settled down some recently!

4. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    I just don't like your new found voice. Your opinion is bad 85% of the time. Yes, you may know SOME things, but the way you express your opinion is poor.

:bushmill:

5. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    I miss Gino. he might have ripped a few people but he also did give solid and good answers to questions.

6. paul luszcz

paul luszcz Active Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    I'm with Marlene. I usually stay out of conversations like this. I prefer to only post questions and answers to sign topics, but when Gino was on topic, I felt I was getting the benefit of a highly experienced, successful sign professional.

I hope whatever drove him to post so negatively is resolved so we can again benefit from his experience.

7. graphicwarning

graphicwarning Member

Aug 30, 2012
    NB, Canada
    Fred,
    With all due respect, I too tend to stay removed from these sorts of discussions… but I have to say I find some irony and possibly some hypocrisy in the fact your signature says “I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” Yet, you’ve taken away Gino’s right to say what he wants…

Believe me, I think there are times he can use some more tact in his approach, but he also has a lot to offer this forum and I believe he should be allowed to do so. If this is considered “drinking the Gino Koolaid” as you mentioned earlier, so be it. I however, like this forum and appreciate it’s members and management, but I’d prefer to choose for myself who’s posts I’d like to read, and block or ignore the ones I don’t.

If he was exhibiting aggression or violence towards someone, I get it. But passive aggressively removing a “portion” of his access, because he colorfully expresses his opinion, I can’t say that I agree Sir!

8. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    I've been on this forum for 6 years now and in those 6 years, I don't ever recall Fred being unreasonable. If he says he's seen things that show someone doesn't deserve the privilege to post here, then I believe him. Who knows this forum better than Fred? Inside and out?

9. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    So Gino is here but not REALLY here? Was he put back into the Matrix?
    [video=youtube;l5y68ErffgM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5y68ErffgM[/video]

10. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario

Yes...He gave up the codes to Zion!!!:banghead:

11. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    this was the result of some back door dissension and rable rousing. Did you miss that part?

12. graphicwarning

graphicwarning Member

Aug 30, 2012
    NB, Canada
    I didn’t miss that part at all. I don’t know what the issues were behind the scenes and since I don’t know, I’m reserving any sort of judgment about if it was right or wrong. BUT… regardless of what they are… my point is that half measures seem so “Because I can” to me, and I don’t consider it fair.

Maybe I’m completely wrong… as I have been many times, and could very well be in this case. I am however entitled to my opinion, and you absolutely have the right to disagree with me.

13. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    My opinion is bad? All you do is snip and snipe at everything. Just stop posting something rude or trollish every time I post. Keep your negative opinion to your self.

14. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    Unfortunately, Gino was very rarely on topic, his posts generally started off well enough, but quickly turned into a gong-show of insults, put downs and other irrelevant dribble.

15. dang Gino has 24,000 posts, how did he find the time to work? sounds like he worked full time posting on signs101......what will he do with his time now?

16. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Rescinding some permissions was necessary to remedy the current problem. Not banning him is intended to recognize Gino's positive contributions to Signs 101 in the past. Like I said, this is uncharted territory.

17. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

I think there is allot of Koolaid going around ...............

18. Z SIGNS

Z SIGNS Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Trenton NJ
    Every forum should have a Gino

19. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Welcome from PA..........................

20. John L

John L Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Stay Gold Pony Boy