Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shout Out To Gino

Discussion in 'Member Shout Out' started by player, May 20, 2014.

1. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    "he is in a better place"

"I can relate, did I tell you about my flooded basement"

Attached Files:

2. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    I thought Marlene's World destroyed itself!

Glad it could resurface on such a good day! :wavingflag:

3. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    I hope you don't mind, but I think you missed something on your original....

Adtechia.jpg

4. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    I can't believe you just said that!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

5. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    In memory/tribute (wtf'ever), can we at least add a new smiley face Fred?????

What Would Gino Say?
    We'll never know !!!!!

Attached Files:

6. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney

.........................................................................................

7. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    Some Mistakes Are Too Much Fun To Only Make Once !

8. Signed Out

Signed Out Very Active Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Free gino.

I haven't been on as much lately, so don't really know what all the drama is about. But I always found gino to be one of the more knowledgeable on here and very willing to share his knowledge. Harsh and rude at times, yes, but so is life. People are offended to easily these days, seems everybody wants to be a victim, makes them entilted...

9. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    :goodpost:

I agree 1000% with the post above, over-all, Gino has helped me many times when others didn't.

Ok Fred, you showed Gino who the boss is (you're the man), now let him back on, for a first offence you don't give someone a LIFE sentence, just a few days in jail?

You could tell him he is on PROBATION, and if he blows it, the next time it will be a 6 months sentence....:omg:

10. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    #1: It wasn't a first offense. Problems with Gino have been going on for years.

#2: Yes Gino was helpful ... particularly if one was an old hand and accomplished in the craft. He was also rude, mean-spirited, is perhaps delusional, and cost this community hundreds of members. He was also campaigning to get members to stop posting here.

#3: A probationary reinstatement was offered and was ignored.

#4: I'm not going to detail out anything here. You can believe it or not, but it was well deserved, long overdue and a number of older, highly valued and respected members have returned who had left because of Gino.

11. signcrafters london

signcrafters london Very Active Member

May 22, 2010
    London KY
    I don't pretend to know what is going on behind the scenes. But if hundreds of posters have allowed themselves to be driven away by someone, anyone -- even an old **** like Gino -- maybe they weren't cut out for internet message boards in the first place.

12. letterman7

letterman7 Very Active Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    It wasn't just on the boards. Gino also attacked in private messages, just unrelenting on any subject he thought he knew more on than the original poster. I'm on quite a few boards and manage more than a few... it takes quite a bit to have someone's privileges revoked.

13. signcrafters london

signcrafters london Very Active Member

May 22, 2010
    London KY
    I'm definitely not defending Gino. Sounds like he was out of line. I'm just saying you can't be attacked on a message board unless you choose to be. Ignore function, for the win. Block private messages if it is possible. If not, just delete them without reading them.

14. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    Ok Fred, I really don't know all the behind the scenes stuff that was going on, (only you know that), so I stand corrected, I'm just one of those guys who likes to help anyone who I feel is being bullied, and not having all the info, I wanted to help Gino get anther chance, just as I would want another chance if I made a mistake (and I have made a few myself).

Thanks for all you do for ALL OF US, Signs101 is a great resource.....:clapping:

15. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    Every one is cut out for message boards. Every one has a value. Every one wants to contribute.

16. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Maybe some weren't but I can guarantee you that some were and were sorely missed. I won't name them but I'm glad to hear from some of them again. And, of those who simply went away, we'll never know what some may have known that would have benefited many had they hung around.

17. John L

John L Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Who are the old members that have now returned?

How did they know that Gino is no longer posting?

18. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Maybe their internet got faster.......

wayne k
    guam usa

I would like to see Gino back