• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Show us your shop vehicle!

weaselboogie

lol good point, weasel.... apologies for de-railing the thread :)

i'll start a new thread once I have more pix to show-off

No, I didn't mean it needs it's own thread for derailing this one. I just think that this project needs it's own thread because its such a unique project. Don't forget to include all of the progress shots!

skyhigh

lol, no prob. essentially its all fab'd out of aluminum; we route the basic shapes out of .090 aluminum and the shop guys weld/bond/fill it all together. The square tubing will be its permanent base, as the client doesn't want it to be able to roll on its own...there's also 2" square tubing throughout all the doors/hood to add thickness to the body. The only sintra elements, so far, are the grill/gas cap light mounts but there's still plenty more pieces to this puzzle:
View attachment 59702 View attachment 59703

Way cool Mike. :thumb:
Look forward to viewing your thread & pics.
Are you telling me this will not have an engine???? I'm thinking you need to start work on one of your own.... that runs. :clapping:

This would give myself and others ideas as to what everyone else may be doing for self promotion.
As of right now i have no self promotion as i am thinking up ideas as i type this.
Thanks!

EDIT....oops, forgot to add one of the shop trucks.
So much for "self promotion"......my bad. I'm guessing this won't help you out much.
On the bright side, I can "flip-off" anyone I want, without any repercussions.:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• S5001765.jpg
    S5001765.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 95

MikePro

oooomg, if i could justify the expense i'd LOVE to have my guys fab me a custom "go kart" of sorts.
back on track with the thread, we're still waiting on better weather to take finished photos of our shop truck-wrap but here's a picture of the completed project:
IMAG0245.jpg
the top and hood of the truck is a red carbon fiber. currently working on something slick for my Tahoe and the owners' F-150.

Last edited:

SignWorksOfOregon

Here is our shop truck, which we placed 2nd with in the sign shop category in the 2010 Signs of the Times vehicle graphics contest. This reminds me I need to pull the truck out front!

Attachments

• SignWorks Truck Wrap-11 800 pixels wide.jpg
    SignWorks Truck Wrap-11 800 pixels wide.jpg
    643.1 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC_0162 (2) 800 pixels wide.jpg
    DSC_0162 (2) 800 pixels wide.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC_0164 (2) 800 pixels wide.jpg
    DSC_0164 (2) 800 pixels wide.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 116

sardocs

In the summer I use my ol' jeep for ripping around town, but I've got our Dodge in the bay getting lettered up right now so the pic is only a mock-up till I get finished up later today, if there aren't to many interruptions. We've had the truck since '04 but it's taken til now to get slowed down enough to spend any time on our own stuff.

Attachments

• willys dj3a-web(1).JPG
    willys dj3a-web(1).JPG
    322.2 KB · Views: 100
  • our shop truck.jpg
    our shop truck.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 116

phototec

Can't wait for it's own thread!

technically this applies for the thread.
Currently building a Tonka Truck for a Children's museum out of fabricated aluminum and routed Sintra:
View attachment 59692
about a couple weeks in and still a couple more from completion. Nearly everything is beveled, to avoid hard corners for the kiddies to smack their heads on.

WOW, that is just an A_W_E_S_O_M_E little truck!

No way this truck will not go (move), you need to make another one with a engine (motor) of some kind and make it drive-able for kids, parades, ect.

At least make the body parts and frame as a kit, and list it on ebay as a kit which you can add your own wheels and motor.

Can't wait for it's own thread!

:U Rock:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Our 1985 Ford extra long van is wrapped to look like my favorite past-time.
BeerTruckLFT.jpg
Here I am going down the street after soothing some of my thoughts with my libations.

SignBurst PCs

That sir is a very nice looking wrap.

signburst! you vehicle is awesome! i never liked the FJ till now! did you design your wrap also?

Thanks for the complements. I really appreciate it. The FJ is an acquired taste for sure, but I like mine being a little different than the rest.

I have to credit Matt Nisbet at Arizona Color for the design. I had something else in mind (and I was in love with my idea), but after seeing what he had come up with, it was an easy decision. There is a reason that he designs wraps and I build computers. He did a great job on the design.

AUTO-FX

The "mosher mobile!"
Is that a 60's ford panel van? The one with the engine between the front seats?