• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign companies raping other sign companies

fresh

You could do what we did when the bucket truck guy screwed us (quoted a job for us, including all the electrical, and then POOF, disappeared the week we were to do the install.) Get a GIANT Little Giant... its a PITA to set up and take down, but its a lot less expensive than a bucket truck, and its allowed us to do many jobs more safely than we were able to do in the past.

WrapYourCar

from experience the travel time and getting the machinery is the most expensive, i pay about $140 for the machine, and $70 each way for the delivery, that's already $280 without a guy to install it for me (i do it myself, as I agree it is expensive to outsource this work, especially if you're a small operation) i'd be over the moon if i could get someone to do this for me at that price! I understand why they charge a lot though, of course someones gotta risk going up there, imagine if the machine failed forcing you into the ground to become a quadriplegic, the risk is there, we sometimes become oblivious to it, but a bit of bad luck and 1 job could be your last. Most of the people have let it rip into you, and rightly so i guess, Firstly you just need to quote properly so the costs are not your problem but your clients, you might want to invest in a couple of lift machines and rent them out, (perhaps a second business?) since you said they seem to be impossible to find?. The idea of the Scaffold system isn't bad either, if you have the time/muscle to put it together i own a mini scaffold which has already paid for itself on the first job i used it on.

DrCAS

Dave Darlak... Love the way you think, Brother.

Why does anyone think that they have any sort of right to dictate what the other guy should make for a living?

I just quoted some design work for a sign company in Arizona. The owner told me she found my terms unacceptable. Cripes, all I did was tell her that no vectors got released before payment and no work was released on a due bill. I told her that she was free to find a designer who had terms she did find acceptable.

We all have the privilege.

brian_fellers

Surprised that someone would complain over $250. That is more than fair when you take into account overhead, expenses. etc. I mean.....they need to make money to right?? Geez....