• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign making help NOOB

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No, I don't think they were edited, he just doesn't remember what he wrote. Thus, what I meant about his changing his storyline all the time. See, when you keep making up stories, ya can't keep track of all the BS you wrote, earlier.

So, put this one on a back burner, as it just hasn't anything to do with signmaking questions, just some guy who wants to beat the system.

funghi2

what part of my story has changed? i bought the printer used for $350. it still says that in my earlier post. I feel sorry for the friends and family that have to deal with you on a long term basis!

funghi2

And again, feel free to move on as you are not being compensated for your valuable advice and everyone knows you have to be paid everytime you give advice or help anyone.

funghi2

lol i see where the confusion was for you, the HP rep sold me the poly paper rolls and ink saying that would be what i needed for my project. Thats what he replaced for me when the first batch bled. nothing you say makes any sense. ive been upfront from the very beginning, why would i need to lie???? Says more about you than it does me gino

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey funghi..... maybe you ought to learn what you are saying and how you are throwing out terms with no idea what they mean. Perhaps, that's how you got into this jam with your rep ?? You only seem to hear and read the things you want to see and throw the rest out. Then, you backpedal to give things double meanings. You'll be in for many surprises in your life, funghi. Is this how you do your real estate ventures, too ??

Again, to you funghi, you need not tell me or suggest to me what I need to do. I'm not the one lost.

Anyway, I'm leaving this one go, as you are the one who puts the F-U in fun..... I can see clearly see that, now. Your name says it all.​

funghi2

Check out lexjet.com. They specialize in aqueous materials and equipment and while they might not always be the cheapest vendor they can be a great resource for figuring out out to use the equipment you already have.

For the price you paid for your current printer it’s probably worth the time / trouble to look into switching inksets rather than buying a new printer.

Called lexjet today they were very nice. he seemed to think it was more of a settings error. ill follow up with them now. Thanks again RM

Andy D

Funghi, a cheap workaround that helps a lot is hair spray, the cheaper the better.
I would apply away from your equipment, put it face up in a box and "fog coat" it.
Good luck.

funghi2

Funghi, a cheap workaround that helps a lot is hair spray, the cheaper the better.
I would apply away from your equipment, put it face up in a box and "fog coat" it.
Good luck.

hahaha awesome! will try a test sheet today! ty

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We used to print tear proof posters on our old aqueous and those were waterproof (to a certain extent). Not familiar with your machine but there might be different media’s you could try. Probably cheaper than getting a laminator then also stocking the laminate and going through an extra process

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
This is getting more interesting than the impeachment gig they got playing 24/7 on NPR.
Is that still going on?? That was never interesting...

Looks like fungi is going to open up a new company... "AquaNet Signs"

Maybe Johnny will draw you up a new logo....from the looks of his new avatar, that lady knows something about AquaNet.

funghi2

Is that still going on?? That was never interesting...

Looks like fungi is going to open up a new company... "AquaNet Signs"

Maybe Johnny will draw you up a new logo....from the looks of his new avatar, that lady knows something about AquaNet.

sounds catchy.

funghi2

I stand firmly on the side of the people who want to do business in a hostile political environment. IE, wait for the customer to indicate one party or the other, join in with them in denouncing the opposite, profit!

Seems as reasonable a philosophy as anything else

funghi2

We used to print tear proof posters on our old aqueous and those were waterproof (to a certain extent). Not familiar with your machine but there might be different media’s you could try. Probably cheaper than getting a laminator then also stocking the laminate and going through an extra process

Man this hairspray thing works so far. Now leaving it outside to see how it does. Aqua net signs may be coming to a town near you

Chris Keena

How often are sign shops called to print blueprints or elevation drawings? That's more a reprographics job, correct? There were a few in the South Jersey area 20 years ago when I started, but all but one has closed. I've been asked in a pinch to print once or twice over the decades, and only one or two pages worth. Those docs need to be rolled up tight. Can't imagine laminated or sprayed with aqua net will work the way I've always seen drawings done

Andy D

Man this hairspray thing works so far. Now leaving it outside to see how it does. Aqua net signs may be coming to a town near you

Yeah, It probably won't do too well outside in rain, I just meant to keep the inks from smearing... then again, who knows.... how did it do?
You can go cheaper than Aquanet, go to the dollar tree and load up.

Andy D

Can't imagine laminated or sprayed with aqua net will work the way I've always seen drawings done
You would be surprised, printed plans are the bread and butter of where I now run the sign and graphic department & I'm constantly laminating plans, sometimes with dry-erase lamination, and mounting them to foam board.

funghi2

How often are sign shops called to print blueprints or elevation drawings? That's more a reprographics job, correct? There were a few in the South Jersey area 20 years ago when I started, but all but one has closed. I've been asked in a pinch to print once or twice over the decades, and only one or two pages worth. Those docs need to be rolled up tight. Can't imagine laminated or sprayed with aqua net will work the way I've always seen drawings done

the plans i have figured out pretty well but i was asking for a few construction signs i am printing. sits on the outside of the construction fence.